Last night's Champions League might not have had too much riding on them but they still delivered the goods in terms of goals.
30 scored across the eight matches and each of them seeing Over 1.5 goals as tipped here yesterday at 3/1 with Bet365.
It could be a similar story tonight with a mix of games that are more or less dead rubbers and others that have lots riding on them.
Group G is the one to keep an eye on. Any one of Wolfsburg, Lille, Salzburg or Sevilla can still qualify for the last 16 with only the French champions currently guaranteed European football after Christmas as things stand.
Barcelona‘s poor domestic season has been reflected on the European stage too. Qualification is in their own hands but they'll either need to win at Bayern Munich or hope that Benfica don't win in Portugal against Dynamo Kiev. The odds aren't stacked in their favour and despite being two points ahead it's just over 1/2 to that The Eagles qualify in their place (Benfica win coupled with Bayern or Draw).
Manchester United have already wrapped up qualification but there's a straight shoot-out in Italy where Atalanta must be Villarreal to progress, whereas a draw will suffice for the Spaniards.
Atalanta are the form team in Serie A and you have to go back to their 3-2 loss at Old Trafford in September for their last defeat. Since then they've won six and drawn four, scoring 26 in the process. Things aren't so rosy for Villarreal who find themselves in the bottom half of La Liga and with just three wins in their last 10 across all competitions. Those wins were a thumping of lowly Victoria CF in the cup, Young Boys at home in Group F and a 1-0 win over second bottom Getafe.
Atalanta look the bet of the night at 8/11 and if their recent scoring record is anything to go by the should net a couple of times on the way to victory. The BetBuilder of an Ataltana to win and score 2+ goals pays 20/21.
- Atalanta to win and Over 1 Atalanta Goal 20/21 Bet365
- Over 1.5 Goals in all eight Champions League matches 17/5 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Football Bet of the Day: Atalanta & Benfica to claim vital victories
- Wed 17:45 Juventus v Malmo
- Wed 19:45 Livingston v Hibernian
- Wed 19:45 MK Dons v Plymouth Argyle
- Wed 20:00 Atalanta v Villarreal
- Wed 20:00 Zenit St Petersburg v Chelsea
- Wed 20:00 Bayern Munich v Barcelona
- Wed 20:00 RB Salzburg v Sevilla
- Wed 20:00 Manchester United v Young Boys
- Wed 20:00 Wolfsburg v Lille
- Wed 20:00 Benfica v Dynamo Kiev
- Thu 17:45 Lyon v Rangers
- Thu 17:45 Napoli v Leicester City
- Thu 20:00 Celtic v Real Betis
- Thu 20:00 Tottenham v Rennes
Today's Racing Tips
Rizzel's picks for Wednesday come from Lingfield and Hexham, where he an 11/2 fancy.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!