Matchday 1 of the Champions League always offers so much promise but this time around there aren't as many standout ties as we'd have liked.
Barcelona v Bayern Munich obviously catches the eye but without Lionel Messi in their ranks the Barca have lost their allure and may need to get used to life in the slow lane at this level. That's reflected in the fact that Bayern are clear favourites at 21/20 with SBK to win in the Nou Camp.
The German champions have been rattling in the goals, 24 in their last four matches, and Robert Lewandowski has been relentless. It's 4/7 that Julian Nagelsmann's men score two or more and just 1/2 at Bet365 that Lewandowski nets – a ridiculous price!
Cristiano Ronaldo is also 1/2 at Bet365 to net against Young Boys and given his record in the competition (134 goals in 176 Champions League appearance) it's hard to argue too much with that. However, like at the weekend, SBK are much more generous when it comes to the striker finding the net, going a much more backable 4/5.
Romelu Lukaku completes the goalscorer treble. The Belgian striker looks like the final piece in Thomas Tuchel's jigsaw and the defending champions should have a comfortable night at home to Zenit.
Skybet's specials are always popular on Champion League nights. Their total goals markets, for all eight fixtures, has 24+ goals at 4/5 and 26+ goals at 13/8. More appealing is each game to have Over 1.5 Goals but don't be fooled by Skybet's 7/2 ‘Special' price, instead back each game individually at SBK and get £58.00 for your tenner, instead of £45.00.
- Bayern Munich to win 21/20 (SBK)
Anytime Goalscorer Treble
- Treble pays 17/5 at SBK
- All 8 Champions League games to have Over 1.5 Goals 4.8/1 SBK
Upcoming Matches & Tips
- Tuesday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 8/1 BTTS & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the day: Away sides know where the back of the net is
- Tue 17:45 – Young Boys v Manchester United
- Tue 17:45 – Sevilla v RB Salzburg
- Tue 19:45 – Bournemouth v Queen's Park Rangers
- Tue 19:45 – Blackburn Rovers v Hull City
- Tue 20:00 – Chelsea v Zenit St Petersburg
- Tue 20:00 – Villarreal v Atalanta
- Tue 20:00 – Lille v Wolfsburg
- Tue 20:00 – Dynamo Kiev v Benfica
- Tue 20:00 – Barcelona v Bayern Munich
- Tue 20:00 – Malmo FF v Juventus
Tuesday's Racing Tips
Rizzel heads to Yarmouth and Wolverhampton for Tuesday's selections.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Tuesday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!