THEY came, the saw, they disbanded within 48 hours. Good sense prevailed much quicker than expected but the fall-out from the failed European Super League remains to be seen.
All six English teams withdrew from the proposed set-up with the remaining clubs expected to follow in the next 24 hours.
Half of the dirty dozen are in action across Europe on Wednesday including Spurs and Man City in the Premier League.
Lost among the noise of the last few days was the departure of Jose Mourinho from North London. 29 year old Ryan Mason takes charge of Spurs until the end of the season and will be desperate to get a win under his belt ahead of the Carabao Cup final on Sunday. An absent Harry Kane could be crucial to the outcome of the match with the Saints priced up at 10/3 but SlipsTips is still banking on Spurs grabbing a couple of goals in the game.
Their opponents on Sunday are Manchester City who travel to Aston Villa. Dean Smith's side have won just once in their last six. City require 11 points from their final six matches to guarantee a fifth Premier League title.
SlipsTips has unearthed a cracking looking stat that's worth getting on side with at 11/10; “The Villans have picked up at least one card in each of their last 11 Premier League matches” – so he's backing 2 or more cards for the home side.
There's a full card of Premiership games in Scotland and in normal circumstances Celtic's trip to Aberdeen would've been a cracker, but even with no crowd and nothing to play KevMac is still predicting both teams to get on the scoresheet.
Hamilton are desperate for points at the foot of the table and a visit from local rivals Motherwell is just what they need. The Accies have beaten Well against the odds in four of the last six meetings, drawing the other two but it looks like the bookies have caught on this time making them just 9/5 to win.
Hibs at 10/11 to beat Livi and Rangers at 6/4 to win to nil look decent options too.
Wednesday's Match Previews & Tips
- Wed 5.30pm AC Milan v Sassuolo Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 6.00pm St Johnstone v Rangers Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 6.00pm Tottenham v Southampton Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 7.00pm Real Betis v Atletic Bilbao Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 7.45pm Aberdeen v Celtic Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 7.45pm Juventus v Parma Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 8.15pm Aston Villa v Man City Match Preview & Tips
- Wed 9.00pm Cadiz v Real Madrid Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 5.30pm Roma v Atalanta Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 5.45pm Ajax v FC Utrecht Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 6.00pm Atletico Madrid v Huesca Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 7.45pm Napoli v Lazio Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 9.00pm Barcelona v Getafe Match Preview & Tips
Alan Thomson has a trio of midweek bets from Lingfield, Catterick and Perth
Zurich Classic Golf Tips
The Caddy was the star of the show on the site last week when his 150/1 tip, Stewart Cink won the RBC Heritage, he's back on the tee for us this week ahead of the quirky Zurich Classic where 80 two-man teams will compete for a $7.4million purse.
Good luck with all your bets on Wednesday!