IT'S an armchair fan's heaven this weekend; take the Grand National, add in a bit of The Masters, a generous helping of Australian Grand Prix and a dash of crucial Premier League action between Man City and Liverpool and you have one very tasty looking 48 hours of sport on your telly!
More on the Masters and the Grand National later but for now we'll concentrate on the footy…
Everton and Man Utd get things kicked-off at 12.30 in a must-win game for the Toffees. Defeat to Burnley in midweek has left the Merseysiders mired in a relegation battle and that loss means its just six points won from 27 for gaffer Frank Lampard.
Neither side are in good form, both have won just one of their last six, although United have a significant upper hand in this fixture, losing just once in the last 15 meetings (W8 D6).
Relegation will be unthinkable to the Bluenoses so we can expect the Goodison crowd to do their best to be the 12th man and 18/5 is a very tempting price for the home side who are desperate for the three points – you certainly wouldn't be wanting to back United at 3/4.
Lampard should have his team fired up and that could see them come out the traps quickest. Everton to score the first goal is a healthy looking 7/4 at Bet365.
It's been a bad week for Chelsea. A humiliating 4-1 home defeat to Brentford was confounded by a damaging 3-1 loss to Real Madrid and defeat to Southampton today could have them looking over the shoulders to those chasing them for third place.
The Saints' season appears to be petering out. It's now no wins in five (D1 L5) for Ralph Hasenhüttl's side but they have scored in nine of their last 10 matches. They've also found the net against the Blues in their last six meetings and BTTS has landed in five of those. It's 4/5 to trap again.
Aston Villa are another team that have lost their way in recent weeks and Spurs can capitalise at Villa Park. Harry Kane and co. have scored 21 goals in their last six topflight outings and can bag another two or more at even money.
In Scotland, Celtic can go nine points clear at the top of the table following a monumental win at Ibrox last week. St Johnstone are the visitors and it's time to get back on the corners trail with the Hoops. They're averaging 10.67 per match at home in the Premiership and we can expect them to be the dominant force at Celtic Park this afternoon.
The Bhoys have enjoyed 72% and 79% possession against the Saints in the last two meetings and have won 7 and 9 corners in those games. Bouyed by their win over Rangers and the return of Kyogo Furuhashi after a three month lay-off Celtic won't be far away from nine corners again which is available at even money with Bet365.
Hearts and Hibs have failed to score in either of the two Edinburgh Derbies this season and they face each other twice in the space of 7 days this week. A third consecutive 0-0 draw isn't out the question and pays 8/1.
Aberdeen and Ross County know that a win may not be enough to earn a top six finish. They meet at Pittodrie but both need results to go their way elsewhere. Can Aberdeen be trusted at 4/5 to win when they really need to? Probably not so the Staggies look a bit of value at 4/1 to win or 10/11 on the Double Chance market.
In League One Cove Rangers still have a bit of work to do to secure the title as Airdrie continue to push them all the way but they should stay one step ahead with a win over Falkirk who have had another season to forget. Cove are 10/11 to win but goals could be the better play with Over 1.5 goals for Cove, also at 10/11.
- Celtic Over 8 corners 1/1 Bet365
- Cove Rangers to score 2+ Goals 10/11 Bet365
- Everton to score first 7/4 Bet365
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, To Score 2+, Over 2.5 Goals and 84/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Mark Walker's Scottish Tips: Cash in on Cove Schooling the Bairns
- SlipsTips Tips: Nottingham Forest vs Birmingham City
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in France, Germany & Switzlerland
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Atleti can extend Mallorca misery
- Gambla Podcasts: Scottish & Norwegian Football Tips
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Everton v Manchester United
- Sat 15:00 Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Celtic v St Johnstone
- Sat 15:00 Dundee United v Dundee
- Sat 15:00 Hearts v Hibernian
- Sat 15:00 Southampton v Chelsea
- Sat 15:00 Watford v Leeds United
- Sat 17:30 Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur
- Sat 17:30 Hertha Berlin v Union Berlin
- Sat 19:45 Cagliari v Juventus
- Sat 20:00 Real Madrid v Getafe
- Sat 21:00 New York Red Bulls v CF Montreal
- Sun 11:30 Genoa v Lazio
- Sun 12:00 St Mirren v Rangers
- Sun 14:00 Brentford v West Ham United
- Sun 14:00 Leicester City v Crystal Palace
- Sun 15:00 Fulham v Coventry City
- Sun 16:30 Manchester City v Liverpool
- Sun 19:45 Torino v AC Milan
Grand National Tips
It's the biggest single betting event on the planet, the Randox Grand National, run over 4m 2½f Aintree, goes off at 5.15pm this evening and you can watch it live on ITV. Serious punters will steer well clear of it but who can resist an interest in the big race?
Rizzel has written a brilliant horse-by-horse guide to help you pick your way through the field and has nailed his colours to the mast with two selections of his own. And don't miss his other tips for the Aintree meeting where he's tipped horses at 20/1, 10/1 and 100/30.
- Randox Grand National Horse By Horse Guide & Betting Tips
- Racing tips: The lightly raced Walking On Air looks like a potential star for Nicky Henderson
The Masters Golf Tips
At the time of writing The Caddy's main tip for The Masters, Scottie Scheffler is tearing up Augusta. He'll be one of the last to finish his second round but he's currently holding a three shot lead on -6 and in-play is the 15/8 favourite to be measured up for the green jacket on Sunday evening. Not bad from a starting price of 16/1.
The Caddy has already locked in some profit for the tournament with his Super NAP landing at 6/4 thanks to BrysonDe Chambeau missing the cut. Well done if you grabbed a bit of that action and fingers crossed for Scheffler backers that he can keep ahead of the field over the closing 36 holes.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!