What a weekend we've got to look forward to!
- The Masters ✅
- Grand National ✅
- El Clasico ✅
Not to mention a full card of (domestic) football in the UK and across Europe which all kicks-off on Friday night in the Premier League and the Championships north and south of the border.
In Scotland Hearts can move a step closer to a return to the Premiership with a win at home to Alloa. The Jambos have stumbled their way to the title so far and could clinch promotion this weekend if results go their way. Punters have all but given up backing Hearts after a series of let-downs. Not many will fancy will getting involved again at 1/6. KevMac has braved it out with three picks in his match preview including a 2/1 shot on a first half goal for the hosts.
Second-placed Watford put the best home record in the Championship on the line against Reading as they chase a return to the top flight. The Hornets rued a late goal at Middlesborough in midweek that cost them a couple of points but they're still nine points clear of third place Brentford.
Reading need points themselves as they try to secure a play-off berth but Tolu is siding with Xisco Munoz's side for his selections in his big match preview and Watford will be a popular pick at 5/6.
Time is running out for Scott Parker's Fulham side who have lost three on the bounce and you fear a fourth tonight could be fatal to their survival hopes.
Visitors Wolves have have had a tough season themselves. Just nine wins (only two of which by two goals) will almost certianly see them finish in the bottom half of the table and with them seemingly well clear of any relegation worries they could switch off from now until the end of the season.
Bookies make the Cottagers 6/4 favourites to win the three points but they've taken just 10 from a possible 48 at home. SlipsTips can't see Wolves losing and has added a 6/1 yellow card tip to his selections for the match.
Friday & Saturday's Match Previews & Tips
- Fri 7.45pm: Watford v Reading Preview & Tips
- Fri 7.45pm: Hearts v Alloa Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm: Fulham v Wolves Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm: FC Metz v Lille Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm: Millwall v Swansea City Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm: Man City v Leeds Utd Preview & Tips
- Sat 3.00pm: Liverpool v Aston Villa Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.00pm: Parma v AC Milan Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.30pm: Crystal Palace v Chelsea Preview & Tips
- Sat 6.30pm: Vfb Stuttgart v Borussia Dortmund Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm: Montpellier v Marseille Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm: Real Madrid v Barcelona Preview & Tips
Friday's Racing Tips
Alan Thomson recommends three tasty each-way bets on Day Two at Aintree in his daily thread while we've a fantastic Podcast for the Grand National Festival courtesy of Gambla with our own Voice of Value and Jim Delahunt which is not to be missed.
With the declarations now announced Voice of Value has posted his brilliant horse-by-horse guide to the National. Not to be missed!
- Grand National Festival Day Two Racing Tips: Leon for last laugh at Aintree
- Grand National 2021: Your Complete Horse-by-Horse Guide
- Grand National Festival Podcast with Voice of Value & Jim Delahunt
Grand National Charity Sweepstake
Saturday will see the 173rd running of the Grand National and since it's highly unlikely you'll be able to enter the usual office sweepstake you're invited to enter our Charity competition where we're aiming to raise £200 for good causes in memory of Mr Fixit. Click the link below to find out how to take part;
Thanks to everyon that entered our Masters Fantasy Golf Competition. Hopefully your bets are going well early doors. Just in Rose was the star of the show on the opening day but Tommy Fleetwood had a moment to remember with another hole-in-one.
Stop it Tommy! 🎯
— Ryder Cup Europe (@RyderCupEurope) April 8, 2021
Good luck with all your bets on Friday!