Get well soon Christian Eriksen!
There's not much more to say other than to extend our best wishes for a full recovery to the Danish midfielder after the world of football was left in complete shock following his collapse during the Danes' match against Finland. The news appears to be encouraging for him so let's all keep our fingers crossed that he gets back to full health and to being a husband and father to his family as quickly as possible.
He was apparently instrumental in the decision to resume the match after sepaking to his teammates via facetime from his hospital bed, but it was the Finnish who came out on top in the end to deliver the first surprise scoreline of the tournament, although the result would be a distant second in the minds of the Danish people.
Earlier in the day Wales fought back to claim a 1-1 draw with Switzerland while Belgium were the punters pals with a win in St Petersburg against Russia. They looked way too big at even money to start with a win and their 3-0 win was fairly routine.
On Sunday England make their bow at the tournament against World Cup 2018 runners-up Croatia. The expectation is that England will win all three group games at Wembley but this will be their toughest test. The Three Lions are best priced at 4/6 (Marathonbet) to start with a win while the same firm go 11/2 for Luca Modric and Co. to silence the Wembley crowd with a win.
Gareth Southgate has an abundance of talent to call on in forward areas but there are still question marks around their defensive capabilities at the highest level. The Croatians aren't short of attacking threat either with the likes of the aformenioned Modric, Rakitic, Vlašić and Kramarić so BTTS appeals at odds against, 6/5 at William Hill and various others.
North Macedonia are the lowest ranked nation to ever compete in the finals, making their debut against Austria in the 5pm kick-off. They did however fire out a warning signal to the other nations in Group C when they stunned Germany with a 2-1 win back in March. They were 33/1 shots to win in Duisburg that night and they're 9/2 to outfox the Austrians on Sunday.
For their part, Austria haven't impressed much in recent games. Their only win in five coming against the Faroe Islands amid draws with Scotland and Slovakia and defeats to England and Denmark.
The North Macedonians may not be the hopeless cases their rankings suggest and with a draw on our side in the Double Chance market could be worth getting on at 1/1 (Bet365).
Last but not least on Sunday is Netherlands v Ukraine. The Dutch side isn't a vintage one and the absence of Virgil Van Dijk is a huge blow. Home advantage could be crucial though with all three matches being held at the Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam. Not much of a betting event this one but the Dutch should begin with a win at 8/13 (Marathonbet).
- England v Croatia BTTS 6/5 (William Hill)
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: England vs Croatia Bet Builder
- Sun 12.00pm – Stockport County v Hartlepool Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 2.00pm – England v Croatia Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 5.00pm – Austria v North Macedonia Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 8.00pm – Netherlands v Ukraine Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 2.00pm – Scotland v Czech Republic Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 8.00pm – Spain v Sweden Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 10.00pm – Argentina v Chile Match Preview & Tips
Euro 2020 Previews
The tourney may have kicked off but there's still plenty of ante-post tips available. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat
- Euro 2020 Tips: Top Goalscorer Betting – Look to Lukaku
Sunday's Racing Tips
Rizzel has two selections for Sunday's racing from Doncaster and Ireland's Gowran Park.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Sunday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!