KevMac looks ahead to a competitive Group B which looks to be all about who will finish in second place behind World No.1 Belgium.
BELGIUM’S golden generation are running out of time if they want to crown their era with some silverware.
Roberto Martinez’s men have been FIFA’s top-ranked side since 2018 but the closest they have to come glory is a semi-final at the last World Cup.
With world-class talents such as Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne in their ranks, the Belgians have the firepower to go all the way this summer.
But playmaker De Bruyne faces a fitness fight after a sickening head injury in the Champions League Final while injuries have ruined Hazard’s season at Real Madrid.
Even without their star turns hitting top form, Belgium should have enough in reserve to finish top of a group containing Russia, Denmark and Finland.
The Finns are gracing their first major finals and will do well to avoid finishing bottom of the pile.
Who Will Win Group B?
They have hit 14 goals without reply in their first three World Cup qualifiers, including a 4-0 win in Austria, and are usually tough nuts to crack at a finals.
Russia surpassed everyone’s expectations at their own World Cup by reaching the quarter-finals and have home advantage again in this group. They are 11/2 at BetVictor to top the section, with Finland 35/1 outsiders (SBK).
Who Will Qualify from Group B?
Players to Watch
Belgian hitman Lukaku comes into the finals with confidence sky high after his starring role in Inter Milan’s Serie A win. The 28-year-old has netted 37 times for club and country this term so is worth backing for Euro 2020 top scorer at 8/1 with SkyBet. He’s also a whopping 33/1 at Betfred to be named Player of the Tournament.
Russia will pin their hopes on battering ram Artem Dzuyba. He netted three times at the World Cup and scored nine in the Euro qualifiers. Unibet have him as big as 150/1 for top scorer at the finals and that might be worth a tentative flutter.
Group B Tips
- Banker – Belgium to win Group B 5/6 Paddy Power
- Longshot – Romelu Lukaku to be Euro 2020 Top Scorer 8/1 Skybet
Euro 2020 Previews
Our Euro 2020 Previews are almost complete. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach ahead of the big kick-off so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat