KevMac kicks-off our Euro 2020 tips with a look at Group A where Wales might struggle to reach the heights of their previous European Championship campaign in a tough group alongside Italy, Turkey and Switzerland.
WALES were the story of Euro 2016 as they stormed to the semi-finals but they face a fight just to reach the last 16 this time around.
Five years ago, everything came together at exactly the right time for the Welsh.
Star men Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were at the peak of their powers while Chris Coleman managed to get an extra 10 per cent out of everyone in his squad.
It led to some magic moments, the most memorable coming from Hal Robson Kanu as his Cruyff turn bamboozled the Belgian defence in an epic 3-1 quarter-final win.
Fans will be hoping for more of the same at their second Euro finals but Wales will find it tough in a group containing Italy, Turkey and Switzerland.
Who Will Win Group A?
McBookie make the Welsh 7/1 outsiders to top the section, with Robert Mancini’s Italy the red-hot 4/7 favourites.
The Azzurri were on their knees a few years ago after failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1958.
But Mancini has got them purring again and they breezed through qualifying, winning all 10 games and conceding just four goals.
Switzerland also topped a tough qualifying section ahead of Denmark and are 11/2 at Paddy Power to win Group A at the finals.
But the dark horses could be Turkey, who are 13/2 at Betway to edge what should be one of the most competitive sections.
The Turks beat Holland 4-2 in the World Cup qualifiers and crushed Norway 3-0 on the road so they will be dangerous opponents.
Who Will Qualify From Group A?
With four of the third-placed teams qualifying for the last 16 at these finals, it’s hard to find value backing teams to reach the knockout stage.
The odds are better in the dual forecast market, which gives you the chance to predict which teams will finish in the top two.
Players to Watch in Group A
Italy striker Ciro Immobile is a goal machine and might be worth a punt as tournament top scorer. The Lazio striker is as big as 25/1 at Bet365.
Burak Yilmaz scored a hat-trick for Turkey in that impressive win over the Dutch and is 50/1 at William Hill to be top gun at the finals.
Group A Tips
- Banker – Italy & Turkey to finish top two in Group A 7/4 William Hill
- Longshot – Turkey to win Group A 13/2 Betway
Euro 2020 Previews
Our Euro 2020 Previews are almost complete. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach ahead of the big kick-off so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat