Group C could be one of the most entertaining at Euro 2020 with the Dutch involved. KevMac takes a look at the best betting options.
THE Netherlands will be out to impress on their return to the big time after the heartache of missing out on Euro 2016 and the last World Cup.
Had Liverpool stopper Virgil van Dijk been fit for the finals, the Dutch might have been dark horses to win their tournament.
But his absence makes them vulnerable at the back, with Scotland managing to breach their defence twice in the first warm-up game.
Frank De Boer’s side lack a top-class centre forward but plenty of players chip in with goals and they should have enough firepower to top what looks like the weakest group at the finals.
Ukraine impressed in qualifying, going unbeaten in a group containing Portugal and Serbia, so I fancy them to finish ahead of a poor Austrian side and debutants North Macedonia.
But the minnows won’t be making up the numbers and need to be shown respect after beating Germany in a recent World Cup qualifier.
Who Will Top Group C?
I’d expect De Boer’s men to win all three games and there could be some value in picking them as the tournament’s highest scorers at 6/1 (PaddyPower).
They’ve scored 18 goals in their last six games and games involving the Dutch should be entertaining.
Who Will Qualify From Group C?
North Macedonia will savour their first finals and there could be value in backing them to qualify (3/1, Betway) as one of the best third-placed teams.
The rest offer no value with BetVictor pricing the Netherlands at 1/40, Ukraine 4/11 and the Austrians 2/5.
The best dual forecast option in this group is Holland and Ukraine at 6/5 with Betway.
The North Macedonians are Betway’s 4/9 favourites to finish bottom while Austria are a tempting 9/2 with the same firm.
Players to Watch
Winger Memphis Depay has emerged as the main man for the Dutch in recent seasons and he scored a classy double in that draw with Scotland. The Lyon star also netted six times in qualifying and is 20/1 with William Hill for top scorer at the finals.
Gent forward Roman Yaremchuk was Ukraine’s top gun in qualifying with four goals so could be worth backing for anytime scorer in their group games. He’s unlikely to top the tournament scoring charts, though, with SBK pricing that eventuality at 179/1.
Group C Tips
- Banker – Holland and Ukraine Dual Forecast 6/5 Betway
- Longshot – Netherlands to be Top Scorers at Euro 2020 6/1 Paddy Power
Euro 2020 Previews
Our Euro 2020 Previews are almost complete. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach ahead of the big kick-off so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat