ITALY got their Euro 2020 campaign off to a flying start on Friday night with a terrific 3-0 win over a disappointing Turkey.
Roberto Mancini's side controlled the match from start to finish, barely allowing the Turks out of their own half for the 90 minutes to extend their unbeaten run to 28 games. The only real surprise was that the Italians managed to score three goals for the first time ever in a European Championships final match.
Group A rivals Wales and Switzerland kick-off Saturday's action in Baku in what is possibly the Dragons' best chance to pick up three points. The good news for Wales is that they play Italy last, by which point the Azzuri may well be home and hosed in Group A, but an opening match win would be very welcome indeed.
Robert Page's men are 3/1 to win against the Swiss but they've been tipped to struggle in this tournament and it should be noted that Switzerland are ranked 14th in the world at the moment. Mark Walker is happy to the 5/4 on Vladimir Petkovic's men to start with a win in his match preview.
Next up it's Finland‘s bow at the European Championships against fellow Scandanavians, Denmark in their own backyard of Copenhagen. The Finnish will look to Norwich City striker Teemu Pukki for goals but they could struggle to penetrate at this level.
The Danes will fancy their chance of getting out Group B, behind the much-fancied Belgians. They're generally solid at the back and the ever-impressive Kasper Schmeichel will be desperate to follow in his father's footsteps of 1992. This doesn't have the makings of a classic and it could take a single goal to separate the sides. Under 1.5 pays 2/1 but the safer shout would be under 2.5 goals at 4/6. Check out SlipsTips' match preview for this one.
Ranked number 1 in the world, it's time for this generation of Belgian footballers to deliver. Compared to some other fancied teams Belgium have a great chance to ease themselves into the tournament. A kind draw should see them navigate Group B comfortably, starting with an ‘away' win against Russia in St Petersburg.
That home advantage for the Russians appears to be a big factor in how this match has priced up. If the game was being played on neutral territory Roberto Martinez's men would be nowhere near as big as 5/6 so it definitely represents a bit of value.
Romelu Lukaku is plenty of people's idea of tournament top scorer and he'll be key if Belgium are to go deep into the tournament. He has a phenomenal scoring record for the Red Devils and can add to his tally on Saturday. He comes into the tournament off a brilliant season for Inter Milan and as a penalty taker, he'll be a solid bet to score in every game. He's 7/2 (Betway) to open the scoring and 27/20 (Marathonbet) to score any time.
- Denmark win to nil 5/4 (Betway)
- Lukaku to score first 7/2 (Betway)
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: Belgium vs Russia Bet Builder
- Sat 12.00pm – Torquay Utd v Notts County Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 2.00pm – Wales v Switzerland Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.00pm – Denmark v Finland Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm – Belgium v Russia Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm – Sporting Kansas v Austin FC Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 12.00pm – Stockport County v Hartlepool Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 2.00pm – England v Croatia Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 5.00pm – Austria v North Macedonia Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 2.00pm – Scotland v Czech Republic Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 8.00pm – Spain v Sweden Match Preview & Tips
- Mon 10.00pm – Argentina v Chile Match Preview & Tips
Euro 2020 Previews
The tourney may have kicked off but there's still plenty of ante-post tips available. SlipsTips, KevMac and Mark Walker have looked at several angles of approach so don't miss their thoughts on where to place your hard-earned cash on the ante-post markets.
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group A – Wales Face Tough Route to Knock-Outs
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group B – Belgium To Dig Deep for Group Win
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group C – De Boer’s Men Have The Goal-den Dutch
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group D – Scots 6/4 to Make Some History
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group E – Spanish Eyes On Top of the Table
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group F – Ronaldo Still Key for Portu-goals
- Euro 2020 Tips: Group Stage Accumulator Bets
- Euro 2020 Tips: Player of the Tournament Predictions
- Euro 2020 Tips: Tournament Specials – Scots Can Break the Mould
- Euro 2020 Tips: Outright Winner – Formidable French The Ones to Beat
- Euro 2020 Tips: Top Goalscorer Betting – Look to Lukaku
Saturday's Racing Tips
Rizzel has two each-way selections for Saturday's Racing at York and Sandown.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Saturday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!