International weekends are always difficult ones for us punters but there's a couple of decent value bets in amongst the mis-matches on Saturday.
The likes of Netherlands, Croatia and Montenegro are all short prices to win against minnows but Russia and Belgium will tempt plenty of punters at backable prices.
Russia's win over Malta was their first in nine but generally they're pretty decent at home. But for defeats to Turkey (2-3) and Serbia (0-5) in their final two Nations League matches they'd have topped a tricky group.
Visitors Slovenia pulled off a surprise result at home to Croatia, defeating the World Cup finalists by a goal to nil despite enjoying just 30% possession. It means they're now unbeaten in nine, but that needs to be viewed in the context of their Nations League campaign where they were undfeated in a group that included Greece, Moldova and Kosovo plus friendlies against Azerbaijan and San Marino. Russia, in their own back yard, should be an altogether tougher test.
Belgium are the top ranked team in the world at the moment and with a galaxy of stars at Roberto Martinez's disposal it's easy to see why.
They travel to Prague to take on a Czech Republic side who, although they won their Nations League group, haven't been particularly impressive. Scotland beat them twice in that campaign and it's fair to say that Belgium are a notch or two above Steve Clarke's side. The Belgians are 3/4 at Marathonbet and should be good enough to get the three points.
World Cup Double
- ➕ Add to Betslip: Pays 1.77/1 at Bet365
Our team have dug deep this week to find tips in the lower reaches
- Saturday's Goals Accumulator Tips: 8.8/1 Over 2.5 & Total Goals Acca
- Mark Walker's Scottish Tips: Caley Revival to Continue
- SlipsTips Tips: Montrose vs Clyde Bet Builder
- Desmonds 2+ Goals Tips: To Score 2+, BTTS, Over 2.5 & an 86/1 Goals Acca
- World Cup Tips: Another Tight Night in Store for Scots
- SPFL Betting Tips: Thistle Be The Day for a Jags Win
Check out our match preview for Saturday and Sunday's matches.
- Sat 8.10am: Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory Preview & Predictions
- Sat 12.00pm: Forest Green Rovers v Bolton Wanderers Preview & Predictions
- Sat 2.00pm: Russia v Slovenia Preview & Predictions
- Sat 2.00pm: Netherlands v Latvia Preview & Predictions
- Sat 5.00pm: Norway v Turkey Preview & Predictions
- Sat 7.20pm: Dundee v Dunfermline Preview & Predictions
- Sat 7.45pm: Ireland v Luxembourg Preview & Predictions
- Sat 7.45pm: Serbia v Portugal Preview & Predictions
- Sat 7.45pm: Czech Republic v Belgium Preview & Predictions
- Sun 1.00pm: Kazakhstan v France Preview & Predictions
- Sun 4.00pm: Georgia v Spain Preview & Predictions
- Sun 5.00pm: Albania v England Preview & Predictions
- Sun 7.45pm: Israel v Scotland Preview & Predictions
- Sun 7.45pm: Romania v Germany Preview & Predictions
Saturday's Racing Tips
Alan Thomson is pinning his Lincoln Handicap hopes on Gosden & Sons one of his five tips for Saturday's racing at Doncaster and Newbury.
Good luck with all your bets on Saturday!