Andymac1980 said it best in the comments section; “Death, taxes and Sergio Ramos being booked”
The returning Madrid skipper didn't disappoint us punters when he picked up a first-half booking in Real's defeat at Stamford that set up an ‘all-English' Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City on May 29th.
It could be all-English affair in the Europa League final too. Man Utd look like they have more than a foot in the final following their 6-2 trouncing of Roma last week.
It's a pity Jose Mourinho won't be taking over the Italians until the end of season as it would've been in teresting to see if he could've got an immediate reaction out of his side against his former club. Instead it'll be lame duck manager Paulo Fonseca in the dugout and it's hard to see him getting a tune out of his when they already know he's offski.
SlipsTips is in the hotseat for us and he reckons it could be set up for an entertaining affair in his match preview, siding with a goalscorer for one of his main tips.
Things are less clear cut in the other tie where it's delicately poised after a 2-1 win for Villarreal over Arsenal last week. As well as the silverware at stake winning the trophy would almost certainly see the Gunners play in the Champions League next season so there's plenty at stake at the Emirates on Thursday.
The sub-plot of course is that the man in the oppoisiton dugour, Unai Emery, was the last manager to lead Arsenal to a European final. Depsite stating otherwise; “Arsenal started as favourites and they are still favourites at this stage,” The bookies make his Villarreal side favourites to qualify at 7/10, while Arsenal are 21/20 (Bet365).
SlipsTips goes for a cards angle for one of his bets in his match preview after a fiery first leg that yielded three yellow cards and two red cards.
In case you missed it on Wednesday we're delighted to announce that former Scottish football David Weatherston has joined our team to cover the Norwegian leagues here at MFT. He's made his debut with a season preview of the Eliteserien which kicks-off on Sunday and is well worth a read.
Thursday's Match Previews & Tips
- KevMac's Thursday Tips: Gunners to Fire their Way to Europa Final
- Thu 10.05am – Melbourne Victory v Macarthur Bulls Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 5.30pm – Hertha Berling v Freiburg Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 6.30pm – Benfica v FC Porto Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 8.00pm – Arsenal v Villarreal Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 8.00pm – Roma v Man Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 10.30am – Adelaide Utd v Wellington Phoenix Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Real Sociedad v Elche Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – RC Lens v Lille Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Leicester City v Newcastle Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 102/1 Goals Acca Tips
Thursday's Racing Tips
Rizzel had two winners on Wednesday, he heads to Huntingdon & Chelmsford for his Thursday selections.
The Caddy has us covered this week again with his previews for the PGA and European Tour events this week. Don't miss out on his each-way choices for the week ahead.
- Golf Tips: Wells Fargo Championship Preview & Predictions
- Golf Betting Tips: Canary Islands Championship Preview & Predictions
Good luck with all your bets on Thursday!