All four Scottish sides failed to win on Thursday but a 0-0 draw for Rangers and a 1-2 defeat for Celtic were enough for them both to sneak through to the group stages on Europa League.
St Johnstone and Aberdeen bowed out of the Europa Conference League but Harry Kane – who else? – helped Spurs ease in to the group stages and all three British clubs will learn their group stage opponents at the draws on Friday.
The Champions League draw took place on Thursday and threw up some cracking looking contests. Man City were paired with PSG, Liverpool will face La Liga champions Atletico Madrid in a group that also include FC Porto and AC Milan, European champions Chelsea will meet Juventus, while Manchester United will battle with Europa League winners Villarreal again after the Spanish side beat the Red Devils in the final in May.
Both PSG (22/5) and Man City (9/2) head the outright betting with Bayern (8/1), Chelsea (42/5) and Liverpool (10/1) next in line.
On to the weekend and Desmond is ahead of the game with his Goals bet for Saturday which includes his usual Over 2.5 Goals, Team to Score 2+ Goals, BTTS and this week's 7-fold pays 92/1.
Greg gets us under way with his Bet of the Day Double which takes in Dortmund's match v Hoffenheim and Nantes v Lyon and pays 6/4.
Clean sheets are as rare as hens' teeth in Borussia Dortmund's games and there could be goals tonight in Sky sports' live Bundesliga match. Visitors Hoffenheim have knocked in six goals in their opening two league matches, matching Dortmund's tally.
Both teams have scored in eight of the last ten meetings and Over 3.5 goals has landed in the last meetings in Dortmund. Friday night, under the lights at Signal Iduna Park, a Dormund side that can't keep a clean sheet, a visiting team in goal scoring form, and one Erling Braut Haaland? What's not to like? Over 2.5 Goals is just 1/3 but add an extra goal to the tally and you can get 5/6 on there being Over 3.5.
- Dortmund v Hoffenheim – Over 3.5 Goals 5/6 888Sport
Upcoming Matches & Tips
- Football Bet of the day: Both to net in Germany & France
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 93/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Fri 7.30pm – Borussia Dortmund v Hoffenheim Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 7.45pm – Verona v Inter Milan Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 7.45pm – Burton Albion v Cheltenham Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm – Man City v Arsenal Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 3.00pm – Norwich City v Leicester City Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 3.00pm – Aston Villa v Brentford Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 3.00pm – Brighton v Everton Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 3.00pm – West Ham v Crystal Palace Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.30pm – Liverpool v Chelsea Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.30pm – Bayern Munich v Hertha Berlin Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 9.00pm – Real Betis v Real Madrid Match Preview & Tips
Friday's Racing Tips
Thommo has his eye on three fancies at local track Hamilton on Friday.
The Caddy's 50/1 tip for this week's BMW Championship is off to a flier. Sam Burns leads the way, tied in first place on -8 alongside Jon Rahm and Rory McIlroy. The pre-tournament value might be gone but check out what The Caddy had to say about this week's events.
- Golf Tips: BMW Championship Preview & Predictions
- Golf Tips: Omega European Masters Preview & Predictions
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Friday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!