With six games left to play Liverpool are still in real danger of not qualifying for the Champions League next season.
However they should make up ground on either West Ham or Chelsea, who both meet in the early evening kick off in London.
Before that the Reds have the chance to move in to fourth, a point above the two London clubs. After a run of three Premier League wins Jurgen Klopp's men stalled once again a Leeds but can pick up three points against a Newcastle side that look like they'll escape the clutches of the relegation battle.
The sides drew blank in December and Liverpool have failed to score in half of the league games at Anfield this season so Over 2.5 Goals looks massively under-priced at 1/2. Newcastle have scored just 13 in 16 on the road and failed to score in nine of sixteen on their travels so No to BTTS could pay at 3/4.
No goal before 24:00 at 5/6 with Bet365 looks a better option though. It's a bet that would've landed all of Liverpool's last ten matches and eight Newcastle's last nine.
In Scotland Motherwell travel to Easter Road in the first Scottish Cup quarter-final of the weekend against Hibs. The Hibees can be very pleased with their season so far and a Cup final appearance would top it off but Well will be a dangerous opponent for them today.
Graham Alexander's side have lost one of their last eight and will glad to record a rare win in the Lanarkshire Derby in midweek. They won at Easter Road at the end of February. The visitors are 17/4 to win or you can have 11/10 on them to at least force extra time on the Double Chance market.
Elsewhere in Scotland, Partick Thistle‘s League One title credentials will be given a stern test by Airdieonians who have won four of their last five. The Jags are 5/6 to win but it'd be a brave man to pile when there's so much riding on the game despite Thistle's brilliant form.
In League Two, Edinburgh City can cement second place with a win over Stirling Albion. The capital side have been excellent since the break and won the reverse fixture against Albion by a goal to nil on Tuesday so look a good bet at 23/20 to win at Borough Briggs.
Back in England, and in League Two Oldham have been rattling in goals recently. 15 goals scored in their last four matches has seen them become the division's highest goalscorers. They host bottom club Grimsby who have a mountain to climb to avoid the drop. They're nine points from safety with just four games to play so defeat could be fatal.
They'll need to go all out for the win and that could lead to another deluge of goals in an Oldham match at 4/5.
- Liverpool v Newcastle – No Goal Before 24:00 5/6 (Bet365)
- Oldham v Grimsby – Over 2.5 goals
- Motherwell or Draw
- Edinburgh City to win
- Pays 7/1 at Bet365
- Saturday's Win & BTTS/Over 2.5 Accumulator: 45/1 Treble Tips
- Saturday's Both Teams to Score Accumulator Tips: 11/1 BTTS Acca
- Saturday's Goals Accumulator Tips: 9/1 Over 2.5 & Total Goals Acca
- English Tips: Count on Corners in Carabao Cup Contest
- Scottish Football Tips: Value lies in Gers' Solid Defence at Ibrox
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Dutch and go
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 98/1 Goals Acca Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: West Ham vs Chelsea Bet Builder
- Mark Walker's Scottish Tips: Only a Win Will Do for Dundee
Saturday Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 0.30am Sporting Kansas v Orlando City Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm Liverpool v Newcastle Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm Bournemouth v Brentford Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 2.30pm Mainz v Bayern Munich Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 4.00pm Metz v PSG Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.30pm West Ham v Chelsea Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 7.00pm Nashville v Montreal Impact Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm Sheffield Utd v Brighton Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm Real Betis v Real Madrid Match Preview & Tips
Sunday's Match Previews & Tips
- Sun 1.00am Philadelphia Union v Inter Miami Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 12.00pm Wolves v Burnley Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 12.00pm Reading v Swansea City Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 2.00pm Leeds Utd v Man Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 2.00pm Inter Milan v Verona Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 3.15pm Villarreal v Barcelona Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 4.30pm Man City v Tottenham Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 7.00pm Aston Villa v West Brom Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 8.00pm Athletic Bilbao v Atletico Madrid Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 22.30pm LA Galaxy v New York Red Bulls Match Preview & Tips
Alan Thomson has a fistful of bets to KO the bookies on Saturday.
The Caddy is knocking it out of the park again this week at the Zurich Open. His NAP of the Smith/Leishman pairing to beat Morinkawa/Wolff has already landed and his three-pronged attack is looking good at the top of the leaderboard.
The Stenson/Rose and Watson/Scheffler teams are tied in third place while Smith/Leishman are hovering with intent in T7th. His followers should be in for another exciting climax to the weekend.
Good luck with all your bets on Saturday!