WE now know the final four in this season's Champions League after Man City and Real Madrid booked their place in the semi-final.
All four ties went the way of the teams that held a first leg lead and that should provide a pointer for Thursday's Europa League clashes. Man Utd, Roma and Villarreal all secured away wins last week and should get the job done tonight.
Of the three, the bookies think Roma look the most vulnerable. In fact Ajax have been priced up as favourites to win in Rome, perhaps based on the fact that the hosts could lose 1-0 and still go through. Ajax need to go for it which could leave them open at the other end but Over 2.5 goals is just 4/9 and as we've seen already this week these scond leg ties haven't thrown up too many goals so going against the grain at 7/4 on Unders looks better value.
Man Utd and Villarreal are similarly priced at 4/9 and 9/20 respectively to win their matches. United will be without Maguire, Shaw, McTominay and probably Rashford but should be too strong against the Spaniards who recorded just their third away win in La Liga at the weekend.
SlipsTips saw enough in last week's match to suggest that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men can beat the -1 handicap again in his match preview.
Slavia Prague are aiming to gatecrash the semi-finals by dumping Arsenal out of the competion in the Czech capital. Arsenal looked to have claimed a first leg advantage after taking a late lead at the Emirates before conceding and handing the initiative to Slavia in the dying embers of the match.
It'd be a brave man to back the Gunners at 3/4, in fact this one could go the distance. Slavia are unbeaten at home this season and earned draws against Leicester and Rangers on their own soild in the last two rounds. The draw is priced at 11/4, while Slavia in the Double Chance market is even money.
Thursday's Match Previews & Tips
- Thu 7.00pm: Rotherham v Coventry City Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 8.00 pm: Man Utd v Granada Match Preview & Tips (Agg 2-0)
- Thu 8.00pm: Roma v Ajax Match Preview & Tips (Agg 2-1)
- Thu 8.00pm: Villarreal v Dinamo Zagreb Match Preview & Tips (Agg 1-0)
- Thu 8.00pm: Slavia Prague v Arsenal Match Preview & Tips (Agg 1-1)
- Fri 10.05 am: Western Sydney Wanderers v Brisbane Roar Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 6.00pm: Reading v Cardiff City Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 7.30 pm: RB Leipzig v Hoffenheim Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00 pm: Lille v Montpellier Match Preview & Tips
Alan Thomson has a trio of bets at Ripon and Newmarket on Thursday
After posting four winning bets the Masters last week The Caddy gets back to business with the RBC Heritage in South Carolina where he's picked out some each-way shouts at 30/1, 55/1 and 150/1. He's also added his thoughts for the return of the European Tour to European soil in the shape of the Austrian Open.
- Golf Betting Tips: RBC Heritage Preview & Predictions
- Golf Betting Tips: Austrian Golf Open Preview & Predictions
Good luck with all your bets on Thursday!