Whether you like betting on the opening weekend of a season or not depends on whether you're a glass half full or half empty kind of person.
Most people will say it's too early to get heavily involved due to there being no form to go on, but some shrewdies who have done their pre-season homework will be looking to take advantage of some big prices that the bookies have got wrong. Let the games begin!
The EFL kicked-off with an entertaining 2-2 draw between Bournemouth and West Brom and with fans back in the stadium it felt like football was finally back.
If that curtain-raiser was anything to go by then backing goals could be the best approach on the first weekend of the EFL season. Skybet have a Total Goals special for each of the three EFL divisions. In nine Championship games 22+ goals pays 5/6 (avg. 2.44 goals per game), 28+ goals in League One pays 8/11 (2.54 goals per game) and in League Two 30 goals in 12 fixtures pays 5/6 (2.5 goals per game).
Peterborough are usually favourites of goals punters and although they've stepped up to the Championship they'll no doubt still give it a go. They face Luton, who have added a lot of new faces to their squad and there could be goals at Kenilworth Road.
There's a London Derby at Loftus Road where Mark Warburton's QPR side welcome Millwall. Rangers' were entertaining last season and with the likes of Charlie Austin and Lyndon Dykes up front there's always the promise of goals. Add in BTTS at Fleetwood against promotion hopefuls Portsmouth in League One to complete the treble.
Dunfermline and Partick Thistle shared six goals when they met in the Premier Sports Cup with the pars coming out on top 4-2. They both started their Championship campaigns with goal-laden games last week, the Pars drawin 2-2 at Morton, while Thistle were beating Queen of the South 3-2 at Firhill.
Goals should be on the cards at East End Park.
Hearts will be keen to pick up where they left off last weekend when they beat Celtic at Tynecastle but St Mirren will prove a stern test in Paisley. There was some beef between the clubs following Hearts demotion at the end the curtailed 18-19 season so it could be a fiesty affair if that spills on to the pitch.
Finally, the best two sides in League Two meet on Saturday where Kelty Hearts visit Stirling Albion. All the money has been for the division's new boys to go up but this will be their toughest test of the season. There's goals in either side so hopefully each can find the back of the net.
English BTTS Treble
- Luton v Peterborough
- QPR v Millwall
- Fleetwood v Portsmouth
- ➕Add to Betslip: £10 Pays £67.51 at Bet365
Scottish BTTS Treble
- St Mirren v Hearts
- Dunfermline v Partick Thistle
- Stirling v Kelty Hearts
- ➕Add to Betslip: £10 Pays £56.95 at Bet365
- Dunfermline v Partick Thistle – Over 2.5 Goals 17/20 BetVictor
- Scottish Premiership Tips: Gers to Get Back to Business at Tannadice
- SPFL Lower League Tips: Take Goals for Grant-ed at Dunfermline
- English Football Tips: City Out to Lay a Marker in Community Shield Curtain-Raiser
- Saturday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today's 8/1 BTTS & Total Team Goals Acca
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Young Boys back in old routine
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in France, Belgium & Austria
- Football Bet of the day: Let’s hope for a Super Saturday
- SlipsTips Tips: St Mirren vs Hearts
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 82/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Mark's Scottish Football Tips: Dons Looking Class Under Glass
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm – Dundee United v Rangers Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 12.30pm – Brazil v Spain Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.15pm – Leicester City v Manchester City Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 5.30pm – Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday Match Preview & Tips
- Sat 8.00pm – Troyes v PSG Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 12.00pm – Rennes v RC Lens Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 1.30pm – Fulham v Middlesbrough Match Preview & Tips
- Sun 3.00pm – St Johnstone v Motherwell Match Preview & Tips
Saturday's Racing Tips
Rizzel is avoiding the Shergar Cup today in favour of two selections from the day's racing at Haydock.
- Racing tips: Fantastic Fox looks well treated off a mark of 94
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Saturday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!