IT'S rare that football takes a back seat on the site but the first day of the Cheltenham Festival is always a bit special.
This year is no different, despite the lack of punters at the racecourse, and we've got the Festival covered in detail thanks to Alan Thomson and the Voice of Value who have the whole week covered in tremendous detail. Check out all our Day 1 coverage at the foot of this post.
On the football front we've got two second leg ties in the Champions League last 16. Both ties look relatively foregone conclusions.
Man City have a commanding two-goal lead from their ‘away' first leg against Borussia Monchengladbach and bookies are taking no chances, pricing them up at 2/9 to record another ‘home' win in Budapest. Pep Guardiola's men are 9/4 to lift the trophy and that price is only going to shorter after they qualify.
Despite being 1-0 down from the first leg in Italy the bookies still give Atalanta a fighting chance of knocking out Real Madrid in the Spanish capital. Gian Piero Gasperini's side are 5/2 to qualify. They'll need to find their scoring touch that has served them well over the past few seasons, while keeping things tight at the back. Madrid of course don't need to win but will tempt a few in at 21/20.
SlipsTips has zeroed in on the match for his feature Champions League BetBuilder.
There's almost a full card in the English lower league and Jamie Kennedy has added a few of those to his Goals Acca for Tuesday night which also includes matches in Serie B and Northern Ireland.
Tips and Previews
Check out our match previews and tips for Monday as well as a start on this week's European action with
- Tuesday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Tonight's 15/1 BTTS & Total Goals Acca
- SlipsTips Tips: Real Madrid vs Atalanta Bet Builder
- Tues 7.00pm – Derby County v Brentford (Sky Sports Red Button)
- Tues 7.00pm – Cardiff City v Stoke City (Sky Sports Red Button)
- Tues 7.45pm – Bournemouth v Swansea City (Sky Sports Main Event)
- Tue 8.00pm – Real Madrid v Atalanta (BT Sport 3)
- Tues 8.00pm – Man City v Borussia Monchengladbach (BT Sport 2)
- Wed 4.00pm – Torino v Sassuolo (Premier Sports 1)
- Wed 6.00pm – Sevilla v Eche (Premier Sports 1)
- Wed 7.00pm – Notingham Forest v Norwich City (Sky Sports Red Button)
- Wed 7.00pm – QPR v Millwall (Sky Sports Red Button)
- Wed 7.45pm – Birmingham City v Reading (Sky Sports Main Event)
- Wed 8.00pm – Bayern Munich v Lazio (BT Sport 3)
Cheltenham Day 1 Tips
It's finally here. Cheltenham Festival 2021 starts today and we're more than ready for it. Follow our deadly duo of Alan Thomson and Voice of Value as they bring you tips and previews for every race of the Festival.
- Cheltenham Festival Day 1 Tips & Overview
- 1.20 Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 1.55 Sporting Life Arkle Challenge Trophy
- 2.30 Ultima Handicap Steeple Chase
- 3.05 Unibet Champion Hurdle
- 3.40 Close Brothers Mares’ Hurdle
- 4.15 Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 4.50 National Hunt Novices’ Chase