Both Chelsea and Manchester City are in strong positions to make it to the Champions League final and on Thursday Arsenal and Man Utd will be doing their bit to make it a clean sweep of English clubs in the two European finals.
It was a game of two halves in Paris on Wednesday where Manchester City came roaring back in the second half after being outplayed in the first 45. Goals from De Bruyne and Mahrez overturned Marquinhos' headed goal to put Pep Guardiola's team in the driving seat and on course for Champions League final.
Will Arsenal and Man Utd take inspiration from their counterparts displays this week? For the Gunners it's the chance to salvage something from a dismal season while United, never satisfied with second place in the league, would welcome a first piece of silverware since 2017.
Neither Arsenal nor Villarreal are set things alight domestically this season and have endured inconsistent spells but they've been impressive enough in Europe which makes this one difficult to predict. Mark Walker reckons both will settle for draw but there could be goals according to his match preview.
United have tasted defeat just once in their last 21 outings so go in to their semi-final tie against Roma in good form. The bookies make the Red Devils just 8/15 to win at Old Trafford which is a tad disrespectful to the Italians. Sure they're seventh in Serie A but they impressed against Ajax where they won in Amsterdam and won at Shakhtar Donetsk.
KevMac reckons it'll be a cagey affair but that Edinson Cavani could be the key man for United in his match preview.
Wednesday's Match Previews & Tips
- Thu 10.05am – Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 6.00pm – Barcelona v Granada Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 8.00pm – Villarreal v Arsenal Match Preview & Tips
- Thu 8.00pm – Man Utd v AS Roma Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 10.35am – Adelaide Utd v Western Utd Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 12.40pm – Perth Glory v Macarthur Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 7.45pm – Raith Rovers v Hearts Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Southampton v Leicester City Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Celta Vigo v Levante Match Preview & Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Marseille v Strasbourg Match Preview & Tips
Alan Thomson has a pair of short-price fancies at Musselburgh
The Caddy has been red-hot in the last few weeks, with a 12/1 winner last week to follow up on his sensational 150/1 the week before so don't miss his picks for the Valspar Championship and the Tenerife Open this weekend.
- Golf Betting Tips: Valspar Championship Preview & Predictions
- Golf Betting Tips: Tenerife Open Preview & Predictions
Good luck with all your bets on Thursday!