IT'S cup semi-final weekend north and south of the border and we could hardly have four more intriguing matches to look forward to.
The Edinburgh Derby kicks things off at Hampden this lunchtime and Hearts look like they're in the box seat to reach a third final in four years. The Jambos won last week's clash between the sides by three goals to one and have a good record against Hibs at Hampden.
Things haven't gone to plan for the Hibees since Shaun Maloney took over from Jack Ross and a bottom six finish wasn't in the script at the start of the season. A Scottish Cup final appearance would help allieviate some of the pressure on the new gaffer, especially at the expense of their rivals.
But it's hard to make a case for a Hibs side that have won just once in their last seven and only four in sixteen this year, three of which have come in this competition. Therefore you simply have to get invoved with Hearts at odds against prices of 21/20.
Manchester City and Liverpool meet for the second time in a week, this time a place in the FA Cup is at stake. Last week's 2-2 draw was satisfactory enough for both sides but something has to give today. The bookies give City the edge at 8/5 compared to the Reds at 7/4 but there's nothing between the sides and this one could go the distance.
A draw after 90 minutes at 23/10 might be the best value bet for the match.
Spurs have been in brilliant form recently and banging in the goals. Four consecutive wins have taken them fourth in the table and the goals have been coming thick and fast. They've found the net 29 times in their last 9 matches. A key contributor has been Son Heung-Min who has scored six in his last three appearances. The South Korean is 11/8 to score against a Brighton side that have kept just three clean sheets in 15 away matches.
Kilmarnock's defeat at Inverness last night has opened the door again for Arbroath at the top of the Championship. A win for Dick Campbell's side would take them just one point behind Killie and set up a blockbuster of a match at Rugby Park when the top two meet on Friday night.
The Red Lichties host bottom side Queen of the South who have suffered six straight defeats and should be confident of the three points that'll pile the pressure on Kilmarnock at 3/5.
In League One Cove Rangers can take another step towards wrapping up the title with a win at home to Alloa. Airdrie have pushed the Aberdeenshire side all the way this season and Cove have responded with remarkable run of 23 league games without defeat. Just a few more points are needed and three should be staying up north at 4/9.
Gambla Scottish Podcast
If you're looking for some more Scottish Football insight this weekend checkout the Gambla team's Podcast which previews this weekend's Cup ties and lower league matches with Greg Browning and Selectabet.
- Hearts 21/20 Bet365
- Man City v Liverpool – Draw 23/10 Bet365
- Son Heung-Min to score anytime 11/8 Bet365
- Arbroath & Cove Rangers Double 13/10 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Saturday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Total Team Goals Acca
- SlipsTips Tips: Heart of Midlothian vs Hibernian Bet Builder
- Mark Walker's Scottish Tips: Spiders Out to Impress New Boss
- Sat 12:15 Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian
- Sat 12:30 Rotherham United v Ipswich Town
- Sat 12:30 Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Southampton v Arsenal
- Sat 15:00 Manchester United v Norwich City
- Sat 15:00 Watford v Brentford
- Sat 15:30 Manchester City v Liverpool
- Sat 18:00 Spezia v Inter Milan
- Sat 19:45 Lazio v Torino
- Sat 23:00 Atlanta United v Cincinnati
- Sun 14:00 Celtic v Rangers
- Sun 14:15 West Ham United v Burnley
- Sun 14:15 Newcastle United v Leicester City
- Sun 16:30 Chelsea v Crystal Palace
- Sun 18:30 Bayer Leverkusen v RB Leipzig
- Sun 19:45 PSG v Marseille
- Sun 20:00 Sevilla v Real Madrid
- Sun 20:30 Sporting CP v Benfica
Rizzel had a 7/4 winner on Friday, he has picked out one selection coming in the opener at Newbury while Cairnzy signs off from the site with three selections on Saturday and huge thanks from all the team here at MFT.
- Racing tips: Ilaraab looks the safest option in the opener at Newbury
- Saturday’s Free Racing Tips: Shaara can be up to the task at Newbury
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!