City remain clear favourites at 1/3, enjoying a four-point lead over the Red with a game in hand. Man Utd are 12/1, Leicester 20/1 and Spurs are now out to 25/1 after tonight's 3-1 defeat.
There's likely to be plenty more twists and turns in the season to come and the clash between Liverpool and City at Anfield on February 7th will be pivotal in the destination of the 2021-21 Premier League Trophy.
Friday's Betting Tips
Reading v Bournemouth tops the bill on Friday with both sides occupying the play-off places in the Championship. The Cherries have struggled for form since around the festive period, winning just one in six in the league since mid-December.
Reading have fared a little better, unbeaten in their last five with three wins and two draws.
Only Blackburn have outscored Bournemouth in the league and Reading are just a goal behind them so it could pay to back goals although Reading have drawn blank in three of their last five.
Two wins on the spin have lifted Neil Cox's Scunthorpe out of the relegation fight and eyeing the relative safety of mid-table. Both of those wins have come against teams in the bottom half and Colchester fall in to that category now by virtue of them winning just four points from the last 24 available.
Ryan Loft scored twice for the Iron and could be the difference between the two side. Scunthorpe are 9/5 to win but can be backed at 2.00 (1/1) on the Asian Handicap 0.0 – which is the same as backing them in the Draw No Bet market.
There aren't many standout games across Europe on Friday night with matches in La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga looking tricky to call. Lyon's home match vs Bordeaux isn't a gimme either despite being priced at 4/9.
Get ready for the weekend with our previews from SlipsTips and KevMac including Saturday's Copa Libertadores final from the Maracana live on the BBC Red Button.
- Reading vs AFC Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips (Fri 8.00pm – Sky Sports)
- Everton vs Newcastle Prediction and Betting Tips (Sat 12.30pm BT Sport)
- Southampton vs Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips (Sat 8.00pm – Sky Sports)
- Palmeiras vs Santos Prediction and Betting Tips (Sat 8.00pm – BBC Red Button)
- Leicester vs Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips (Sun 2.00pm – Sky Sports)
- Scunthorpe 0.0 on Asian Handicap 2.00 (1/1) Bet365
Friday's Racing Tips
Alan Thomson has a brace of juicy bets at Wolverhampton on Friday and we've another selection of Friday night greyhound racing tips for the meeting at Romford.
- Racing tips: Hermocrates the answer at Wolverhampton
- Greyhound Tips: Romford Friday Night Preview & Predictions
It's less than 50 days until the greatest show on turf; The Cheltenham Festival. Voice of Value has taken a look at the four Champion Races across two posts and they're well worth a read if you fancy an ante-post punt.
- Cheltenham Ante-Post – Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase & Stayers Hurdle Previews
- Cheltenham Festival: Gold Cup Ante-post Tips
As well as leaving your betting tips and thoughts in the comments section please feel free to share this post on twitter and facebook using the buttons below.