Things could hardly have gone much better for Ange Postecoglou since his arrival at Tottenham Hotspur. His side remain unbeaten in the league and left the Emirates Stadium with a point last weekend after twice coming from behind against rivals Arsenal.
But one trend he needs to buck is Tottenham’s appalling record versus Liverpool, against whom they’ve won just one of the last 23 meetings in all competitions.
The Reds have made a solid start to the season too, picking up 16 points from a possible 18. They’re now 17 unbeaten in the Premier League and showing signs of being title contenders this season.
It should be a cracker at in North London and Spurs could be a bit of value at 2/1. The visitors are 23/20.
Victory for Postecoglou’s men would be a real statement win but it might pay to cover the draw too at 4/6 in the Double Chance market.
In the absence of Harry Kane, Son Heung-min has stepped up to the plate for Spurs and he’s scored in each of his previous three Premier League appearances against Liverpool. The South Korean is 11/8 to make it four in a row.
What a couple of weeks it’s been for Newcastle. A 0-0 draw at the San Siro on their return to the Champions League, a record equalling 8-0 win over Sheffield United and delivering a knock-out blow to Manchester City’s domestic Treble hopes with a 1-0 win in the Carabao Cup.
Today they should add to the feel-good factor with a win against Burnley before welcoming PSG to St James’ Park on Wednesday.
The Magpies have kept four clean sheets in a row and are 6/5 to win to nil today.
Arsenal should be banker material to win at Bournemouth. The Cherries are still without a win and you can't see it coming today against a Gunners side who remian unbeaten.
Man Utd won comfortably against Crystal Palace in midweek and can repeat the trick at Old Trafford today. It's been a rough few weeks for Erik ten Hag's side but they've got the measure of the Eagles and should pick up the three points.
We flagged up Swindon’s goalscoring exploits a few weeks ago and with 24 goals they’re the highest scorers in the top four flights in England. They host a Grimsby side who have conceded three in their last two matches and are winless in four so we should expect a few more goals for the Robins today.
Also in League Two Notts County, who top the table, can grab a couple of goals at Colchester. They’ve scored in all but one of their nine league games including four last week against a Troy Deeney inspired Forest Green.
59 goals scored in 13 Hibs games so far this season and that shows no sign of slowing down under new boss Nick Montgomery. Dundee are the visitors to Easter Road today and we should see goals again. The Dark Blues have scored in every league except against Celtic so can contribute to the Over 2.5 Goals bet at 4/5.
After almost 30 years absence Duncan Ferguson makes his return to Scottish football as new boss of Inverness Caley Thistle but he could hardly have picked a tougher start for his struggling side. Hosts Arbroath are flying, they’ve won their last five, scoring 16 in the process and can give Ferguson a rude welcome by winning at 6/5.
Dundee Utd have yet to hit top gear at home this season but should record a comfortable win against a Queen’s Park that has lost it’s way. The Spiders have lost four in a row and despite the absence of Louis Moult the Terrors should score at least a couple at 8/13 or possibly even three at 7/4.
Scotland’s only live game this weekend comes from Forthbank where Stirling Albion welcome Cove Rangers. The Binos have hit a dip in form but their home form has been pretty solid whilst things are heading in the wrong direction for the visitors who are winless in four. We’re back on the Stirling train at 5/4 today.
Super Single (Double)
- Arsenal & Man Utd Double 6/4 Bet365
- Hibs v Dundee – Over 2.5 Goals
- Swindon to score 2+
- Notts County to score 2+
- Treble pays 23/5 at Bet365
- Dundee Utd to win and score 2+ Goals 5/6 Bet365
- Stirling Albion 5/4
- Arbroath 6/5
- Treble pays 8/1 at Bet365
Gambla has two Podcast offerings this week, firstly featuring Greg Browning who previews the Scottish card, and secondly Gerry Taylor who cast his eye north and south of the border.
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Leverkusen looking good
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Spain, Italy & Portugal
- Football Bet of the Day: Racecourse Ground to Witness Plenty More Goals on Saturday
- Goals Tips: BTTS, To Score 2+, Over 2.5 Goals and 45/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- SlipsTips Tips: Dundee United vs Queen's Park
- Weekend Acca Tips: Goals Galore in York vs Solihull, Leicester to Dominate, and Brondby to Bounce Back
- Scottish Tips: Weekend Bets at Arbroath, Peterhead, and LIvingston
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Motherwell vs Celtic
- Sat 12:30 Aston Villa vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 12:30 Southampton vs Leeds United
- Sat 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City
- Sat 15:00 Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 15:00 Rangers vs Aberdeen
- Sat 15:00 AFC Bournemouth vs Arsenal
- Sat 15:00 Everton vs Luton Town
- Sat 15:00 Newcastle United vs Burnley
- Sat 15:00 West Ham United vs Sheffield United
- Sat 17:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool
- Sun 12:00 Blackburn Rovers vs Leicester City
- Sun 14:00 Nottingham Forest vs Brentford
- Sun 17:30 Real Betis vs Valencia
- Sun 19:45 Atalanta vs Juventus
- Mon 20:00 Fulham vs Chelsea
Horse Racing Tips
It's the Prix De l'Arc de Triomphe weekend and Rizzel has picked out three for the Saturday meeting over at Longchamp as well as two at Newmarket including a big EW in the Cambridgeshire.
As ever, please share your tips in for today in the comments section below.