THIS weekend is the one punters always dread; FA Cup, Scottish Cup, frozen pitches, depleted squads, fringe players and upsets in the making. It's no wonder Mr Fixit always advised caution and small stakes.
The weekend got off to a slightly farcical start as Aston Villa were forced to field a tem full up youths, up way past their bed-time, in their FA Cup tie against Liverpool. The youngest gave a good account of themselves but succumbed to a trio of second half goals after going in level at half-time.
Adama Traore‘s fine strike also sent Wolves in to the next round at the expense of Crystal Palace. Meanwhile the anicipated shock never materiealised at Hampden where Queen of the South comfortably seen off their lower ranked opponents, Queen's Park.
Will Saturday deliver the usual cup uspets we've come to expect at this stage of the cup competitions north and south of the border?
Saturday's Football Tips
As ever our brilliant team have worked hard to try to get a handle on a tricky weekend of cup football and pulled together their best tips for the weekend from across the UK and Europe.
- Accumulator Tips: Saturday's 13/2 Four-fold Acca
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Leverkusen can bounce back
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Spain, Italy & France
- SlipsTips Tips: Atletico Madrid to march on
- Mark Walker's Scottish Cup Tips: Bookies Have Too Much Hope in The Hearts
- SPFL First Goalscorer Tips: Obika Out to Add to Well's Troubles
- Scottish Cup Tips: Clubs Out to Beat the Big Freeze
- Scottish Premiership Tips: Sparks Could Fly Again at Pittodrie
- FA Cup Tips: Underdogs in the Hunt for Cup Upsets
- Desmond's 2+ Goal Tips: Terriers Can Show some Bite
- Match Preview: Man United vs Watford Prediction and Betting Tips
- Match Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle United Prediction and Betting Tips
- Match Preview: Crawley Town vs Leeds United Prediction and Betting Tips
- Match Preview: Aberdeen vs Rangers Prediction and Betting Tips
- VIP Tips: Banker Bet, Bonkers Bet & VIP Acca
More tips will be posted in the morning from the likes of Desmond, and KevMac. Let's hear your best bets for Saturday in the comments section.
In the Premiership it's hard to fathom how Dundee United are as big as 12/5 (Coral) at home to St Johnstone who haven't won in the league in matches. United's home record stands up to scrutiny on their return to the top flight. Defeats have come against Rangers, Celtic and Hibs but outwith that they've taken 16 points from 24 at Tannadice.
The Arabs look value at that price but even better with Draw on our side at 11/8 with BetVictor.
In the FA Cup Everton should see off Rotherham, who languish at the bottom end of the Championship, in the lunch-time kick-off. Gaffer Carlo Ancelotti is previous winner of the trophy with Chelsea back in 2010 and also has succesful cup campiagns in Italy and Spain on his CV so knows the value of a good run enough to take this seriously.
Championship side Raith Rovers might have their eye on a promotion prize this season but they can book a place in the 3rd of the Scottish Cup with a win at Stirling Albion who are two divisions below them. The Binos have been in very good form in League Two but Friday's clash between Queen's Park and Queen of the South deomnstrated the gulf in quality between the divisions.
Similarly I'm banking on Airdrieonians to make their quality tell against Edinburgh who have failed to reach the same levels that they did last season.
- Dundee Utd – Draw No Bet 11/8 (BetVictor)
- Everton (12.00pm)
- Raith Rovers
- Airdrieonians (Sunday 1.00pm)
- Pays 2.49/1 at Bet365
Saturday's Racing Tips
- Thommo's Racing Tips: Discover National Secret at Chepstow
- Voice of Value's Racing Tips: Welsh Grand National and Lanzarote Hurdle
Donate in Paul's Name
We've now exceeded the £3,000 mark for both causes set up in Paul's honour, which is a wonderful tribute to him, so thanks to all who have donated so far. If you would like to make a donation in Paul's memory please read about The Bubble Foundation and St Margaret of Scotland Hospice and find how to donate here.