Ahead of the big international break the EFL Trophy is in the spotlight and it's a tough night for punters looking to beat the bookies.
There are six Premier League Under 21 sides in action, and each of them are away from home. The temptation is to side with these Academy sides but the record books don't support that – only one Under 21 side reached the quarter-finals last season; Leicester City who were beaten by Tranmere Rovers.
In fact some were on the end of some thumpings;
- Sunderland 8–1 Aston Villa U21
- Morecambe 4–0 Manchester United U21
- Wigan Athletic 6–1 Liverpool U21
- Oldham Athletic 4–0 Wolverhampton Wanderers U21
- Accrington Stanley 7–0 Leeds United U21
- Northampton Town 5–0 Southampton U21
- Exeter City 4–0 West Bromwich Albion U21
- Milton Keynes Dons 6–0 Norwich City U21
A few of the youth team DID shine however with Arsenal, West Ham and Manchester City topping their regional groups. So the message is ‘tread carefully'.
Aston Villa U21 really struggled in the competition last season, losing all three games, conceding 14 goals in their three matches. They're playing in the second tier of the Premier League 2 set-up and have won two of their three league games so far but a trip to League One Wycombe looks like it'll be another big step-up for them. Wanderers have started their league campaign well and are just two points off the pace at the top and look good value at 4/5.
- Wycombe Wanderers to win 4/5 (Sportingbet)
Upcoming Matches & Tips
- Wed 5.00pm – Finland v Wales
- Wed 7.45pm – France v Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Wed 7.45pm – Russia v Croatia
- Wed 7.45pm – Norway v Netherlands
- Wed 7.45pm – Denmark v Scotland
- Thu 7.45pm – Italy v Bulgaria
- Thu 7.45pm – Lithuania v Northern Ireland
- Thu 7.45pm – Estonia v Belgium
- Thu 7.45pm – Sweden v Spain
Tuesday's Racing Tips
Rizzel had a brilliant 9/1 winner on Monday, today he has a 9/2 shot at Epsom.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Tuesday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!