The return of the Premier League couldn’t be back with a bigger bang; a clash between champions Manchester City and the only club to have halted their relentless march to top flight silverware in recent years, Liverpool.
The two giants meet at the Etihad in a lunchtime kick-off and the outcome could have a big bearing on the destination of the title.
A win for City would take them four points clear and seemingly destined to make it six titles in seven years. A Liverpool victory would not only offer hope to themselves but Arsenal and Spurs who are still within touching distance of the champions.
But the Reds have won just one of their past 14 Premier League trips to City (D5 L8) and travel to Manchester aiming to end City’s run of 23 wins at home so the odds are stacked against them at 16/5 to win. City are 8/11 but there looks better bets on today’s card.
Newcastle’s home form has been pretty solid, only Liverpool have won there in the league thanks to two late goals by Darwin Núñez. They’ve also beaten Man City in the League Cup and PSG in the Champions League at St James’ Park so probably should be shorter than 31/20 to win against Chelsea today.
The Blues have been improving and have won more points on the road than at Stamford Bridge but Newcastle look the value at those odds.
Sheffield United v Bournemouth isn’t a match that stands out but there could be goals at Bramall Lane. 83% of Sheff Utd home matches have seen Over 2.5 goals, while all of Bournemouth’s away matches have gone Over 2.5. It’s 4/5 for three or more today.
Southampton are the form team in the Championship and visit fourth-bottom Huddersfield who have won one point in 12. The Terriers have been struggling for goals, scoring once in their last four outings so the away win looks good for accas at 7/10 as does the 8/11 on two or more Saints goals.
Double that up with another 8/11 shot, Norwich to score two at home to struggling QPR. The Canaries got back to winning ways with a morale-boosting win at Cardiff and can pile more misery on Rangers. The double pays just short of 2/1.
League Two has been good to us for goals this season where matches are averaging three per game.
Pick of the bunch for Over 2.5 Goals looks to be Crewe v Doncaster and Newport v Stockport.
Derek Adams has returned to Ross County for a third time hoping to repeat the kind of success during his previous stints. He could get off to a flier thanks to Kilmarnock being the visitors. Killie have picked up just two points from six away games and had an abysmal away record last season. The Staggies look overpriced at 21/10 to win and 9/5 to score two or more.
St Mirren can get things back on track with a win over Livingston. Livi have suffered five straight defeats, failing to score in the last four. Just one goal in their last nine have come from open play so the problems for David Martindale are obvious.
The Buddies may have won just one in six themselves but two of those were against Celtic and Rangers so will feel they’re due a win and can secure all three points at 8/11.
In the Scottish Cup Partick Thistle can continue to have the upper hand in Glasgow Derbies this season. They host Queen’s Park at Firhill and are 7/10 to win. Goals have been a feature of Thistle matches so take the Jags to score two or more en route to the fourth round.
- SPFL Tips: Best Scottish Tips for this Weekend's Football
- Football Bet of the Day: Go For Goals in Germany Once More on Saturday
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Spain, Germany & Belgium
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Leverkusen aiming for the top
- Saturday Accumulator Tips: Man City vs Liverpool, Freiburg vs Darmstadt & More
- EFL Tips: Bolton vs Exeter City, Huddersfield vs Southampton & Birmingham vs Sheff Wed
- 🎙 Gambla Podcast: Scottish Football Tips
- 🎙 Gambla Podcast: Norwegian Football Tips
- 🎙 Gambla Podcast: Gerry Taylor's Weekend Tips
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Manchester City vs Liverpool
- Sat 15:00 Newcastle United vs Chelsea
- Sat 15:00 Luton Town vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 15:00 Burnley vs West Ham United
- Sat 15:00 Celtic vs Motherwell
- Sat 15:00 Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Sheffield United vs AFC Bournemouth
- Sat 17:30 Brentford vs Arsenal
- Sat 17:30 West Brom vs Ipswich Town
- Sat 19:45 AC Milan vs Fiorentina
- Sun 12:00 Aberdeen vs Rangers
- Sun 14:00 Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa
- Sun 16:30 Everton vs Manchester United
- Sun 17:30 Cadiz vs Real Madrid
- Sun 19:45 Juventus vs Inter Milan
- Sun 19:45 Lyon vs Lille
- Newcastle to win 31/20
- Ross County to score Over 1.5 Goals 9/5
Over 2.5 Goals Treble
- Sheff Utd v Bournemouth
- Crewe v Doncaster
- Newport v Stockport
- Treble pays 9/2 Bet365
- Southampton & Norwich to score Over 1.5 Goals 2/1 Bet365
- St Mirren to win & Over 1.5 Goals for Partick Thistle 17/10 Bet365
Hold That Taught was a 6/1 winner for Rizzel on Friday, he has three fancies for Saturday's racing with two at Ascot and the other at Haydock.
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.