After a brilliant midweek of European football it's back to the bread and butter of the domestic game on Friday and two teams that are struggling at the wrong end of the Premier League kick the weekend off at St James' Park.
Newcastle Boss Steve Bruce insists he's going nowhere despite his side taking just one point from their opening four league matches. Visitors Leeds United aren't in much better shape, sitting 17th in the table with two points from a possible 12.
However, Leeds two defeats, to Liverpool and Manchester United, were to be expected but Marcelo Bielsa will be keen to start picking up wins, especially against teams in and around the bottom of the table. The bookies make them 5/4 to pick the three points with the Magpies 21/10.
Rather than try to pick a winner, goals might be a better way to approach this one. Both teams have shipped a lot of goals already this season but in Patrick Bamford and Allan Saint-Maximin there's a couple of players on the pitch capable of scoring against the best of defences. However, BTTS is just 8/15 at Bet365 and Over 2.5 just 8/13. Taking both outcomes is a bit more handsomely priced at 5/6.
SlipsTips' favourite ref Mike Dean is the man in charge, so no surprise to see him take a cards angle in his preview for the match.
In Italy, Sassuolo v Torino should serve up goals. The last five meetings between the sides have finished 3-2, 3-3, 2-1, 2-1, 2-3 and BTTS has landed in the last seven. All three of Torino's matches in Serie have seen Over 2.5 goals, a repeat tonight is 7/10. Tolu also like the goals angle in his match preview and is going one better, tipping Over 3.5 Goals at 30/17 with SBK.
Jamie Kennedy has been in good form this week, delivering a few nice winners and narrowly missing out on a few more. His five-fold Acca for Friday features the Dutch Second tier and a fixture from Belgium and the Premier League and pays over 15/2.
By coincidence, there's no Super Single for Friday, but there is a Goals Double and it features two of Jamie's picks from the second tier in Holland. We're always guaranteed goals in Eerste Divisie and none moreso than when MVV are involved. They've shipped 17 in their opening 6 matches and host Eindhoven who's 6 matches have featured 22 goals.
Add in Ajax Reservers match at Almere City for a 126/100 Over 2.5 Goals Double at Bet365. Ajax second string have scored 11 and conceded 10 in their last four and both teams have found the net in five of Almere's six matches.
- MVV v Eindhoven – Over 2.5 Goals
- Almere City v Ajax Reserves – Over 2.5 Goals
- Double pays 126/100 at Bet365
Upcoming Matches & Tips
- Friday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 15/2 BTTS & Total Team Goals Acca
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 110/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Fri 19:45 – Sassuolo v Torino
- Fri 20:00 – Strasbourg FC v Metz
- Fri 20:00 – Newcastle United v Leeds United
- Sat 12:30 – Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brentford
- Sat 12:30 – Hull City v Sheffield United
- Sat 15:00 – Liverpool v Crystal Palace
- Sat 15:00 – Burnley v Arsenal
- Sat 15:00 – Norwich City v Watford
- Sat 15:00 – Manchester City v Southampton
- Sat 15:00 – Fulham v Reading
- Sat 17:00 – Inter Milan v Bologna
- Sat 17:30 – FC Cologne v RB Leipzig
- Sat 17:30 – Aston Villa v Everton
- Sat 19:45 – Salernitana v Atalanta
Friday's Racing Tips
Joseph G Murphy sends a very interesting runner to Ayr on Friday and Rizzel fancies her chances.
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for Friday in the comment section below and good luck with all your bets!