607 days. That's how long we have to wait until the controversial 2022 World Cup begins in Qatar. Scheduled to kick-off on November 11 2022, the road to glory begins for European nations on Wednesday as 24 teams get their qualifying campaigns under way.
Wales and Republic of Ireland face difficult starts with trips to Belgium and Serbia respectively.
On paper the Welsh couldn't have it much tougher against the team ranked 1st in the world and that's reflected in their 12/1 odds to begin with a win. Roberto Martinez's star-studded side are just 1/3 to take the three points. SlipsTips has found a couple of angles to get onside with the Belgians in his match preview.
Ireland need to snap out of a run that's seen them score just once in their last eight outings. Pressure is mounting on gaffer Stephen Kenny and expectations will be low that they can come away from Belgrade with all three points. KevMac plays it with the stats in his match preview, backing the Serbs to keep a clean sheet at 9/10.
Elsewhere France and Ukraine could be an interesting one. The French trounced Ukraine 7-1 in a Paris friendly last year and it could be another high-scoring affair with the likes of Mbappe, Coman, Martial, Griezmann and Giroud able to be called upon by Didier Descamps.
Mbappe is in Mark Walker's sights for the match at the Stade de France as the 22-year old embarks on his quest to lead France to defend their world crown.
Tips and Previews
Check out our match preview for Wednesday & Thursday's World Cup Qualifiers
- Wed 5.00pm: Turkey v Netherlands Preview & Predictions
- Wed 7.45pm: France v Ukraine Preview & Predictions
- Wed 7.45pm: Slovenia v Croatia Preview & Prediction
- Wed 7.45pm: Serbia v Republic of Ireland Preview & Predictions
- Wed 7.45pm: Belgium v Wales Preview & Predictions
- Thu 5.00pm: Israel v Denmark Preview & Predictions
- Thu 5.00pm: Bulgaria v Switzerland Preview & Predictions
- Thu 7.45pm: Spain v Greece Preview & Predictions
- Thu 7.45pm: England v San Marino Preview & Predictions
- Thu 7.45pm: Germany v Iceland Preview & Predictions
Wednesday's Racing Tips
Alan Thomson's nap won yesterday and he puts his trust in Jonjo O'Neill at Haydock on Wednesday
Golf Tips: WGC Dell Matchplay
The WGC Dell Matchplay promises to provide a fun-filled week of golf with it's matchplay knock-out format. The Caddy picks out his three players to follow for the week as well some matchbet tips;
Good luck with all your bets on Wednesday!