The 4-1 scoreline might have flattered Chelsea at Spurs on Monday night but the win made just one defeat in seven now (W5 D1 L1) for the Blues who welcome champions Man City to the Bridge this afternoon.
A big concern for Pochettino will be his sides’ home form. They’ve won just one of their last 13 in SW6, a 3-0 success over newly promoted Luton Town.
City have looked back to themselves after wobbles against Wolves and Arsenal. They’ve won five in a row including a thumping 6-1 victory over Bournemouth last weekend.
Pep’s men have won the last four meetings by a goal to nil and a repeat today is 7/1. The away win pays 8/11, whilst it’s 4/1 for a Chelsea victory.
To win, Chelsea will need to be at their absolute best, something that’s not happened often enough under Poch, while City have an off-day. Chances of both happening look slim so the bet has to be with the visitors today.
Double them up (17/10) with a win for Aston Villa at home to Fulham.
Unai Emery’s men have been solid at home with five wins from five and twenty goals scored.
The Cottagers have only won once in 19 visits to Villa Park so everything points to a home win.
Phillipe Clement has so far been able to get a tune out of a Rangers squad that underperformed under Michael Beale. Thursday’s win over Sparta Prague makes it six games unbeaten under the Belgian and they should pick up the three points at Livingston today.
Today’s hosts have failed to score in 17 of the last 21 meetings between the sides so a Gers win to nil looks the best route to profit at 11/10.
Celtic need to bounce back after a midweek humbling in Madrid with Aberdeen the visitors to Celtic Park today. Brendan Rodgers will be without Daizen Maeda, a key cog in the machine, to add to the absence of Hatate, Abada and Nawrocki among others.
That will force a bit of a shuffling of the pack for Rodgers and David Turnbull could claim another start. The midfielder has weighed in with five goals already this season and is 11/5 to score anytime so keep an eye out for the team news.
- Aston Villa & Man City to win 17/10 Bet365
- Rangers to win to nil 11/10 Bet365
- David Turnbull to score 11/5 Bet365
Upcoming Tips & Match Previews
- Football Bet of the Day: The Gilistas to Continue Their Goal-Scoring Form at Home Once Again on Sunday
- SlipsTips Tips: Aston Villa vs Fulham Bet Builder
- Sunday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Total Team Goals Acca
- SPFL Tips: Top Tips in the Scottish Premiership this Weekend
- Sun 12:00 Livingston vs Rangers
- Sun 14:00 West Ham United vs Nottingham Forest
- Sun 14:00 Aston Villa vs Fulham
- Sun 14:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United
- Sun 14:00 Liverpool vs Brentford
- Sun 15:00 Celtic vs Aberdeen
- Sun 16:30 Chelsea vs Manchester City
- Sun 17:00 Lazio vs Roma
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.