It’s been almost 12 years since West Brom and Wolves met in a Black Country derby with fans but absence is unlikely to have made the heart grow fonder.
There’s a long standing hatred between both sets of supporters and it’s hoped that the 11.30am kick-off will take some of the sting out of the fixture this morning.
Both were Premier League clubs during the Covid-affected 2020-21 season, which of course was played without fans, and it was the Baggies that had the upper hand, winning at Molineux before drawing at home.
In fact West Brom have dominated the derby in the last 25 years. Wolves have won just three of 23 meetings dating back to 1997 and haven’t won at the Hawthorns since 1996. The 11 fixtures since have seen them lose six and draw five so beware backing them at even money today.
The Baggies are chasing promotion back to the top flight and have fared well on home soil, with just two defeats in 14 (W9 D3 L2) so could be a tough nut to crack for Gary O’Neil’s side who have only won three on the road in the Premier League.
There’ll be plenty among the home support on at 14/5. The Double Chance market on the hosts will also be popular at 4/5.
It should be a competitive affair and BTTS is 4/5. Most appealing could be the 21/20 on Over 2.5 Goals.
Jurgen Klopp dropped a bombshell on the Liverpool fans on Friday when he announced he’ll depart the club in the summer and there’s sure to be an outpouring of gratitude and thanks from the stands today.
Norwich could bear the brunt of an emotional day at Anfield. The Reds are 1/7 to win and the same price to score two or more. It’s 4/9 that they net three or more which is the same price as Manchester United to score three or more at Newport, which makes for an even money double.
- West Brom Double Chance & BTTS 7/5 BetBuilder at Bet365
- Liverpool & Man Utd to score 3+ goals 1/1 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sunday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 9/2 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Sun 11:45 West Brom vs Wolves
- Sun 13:30 QPR vs Huddersfield Town
- Sun 14:00 Watford vs Southampton
- Sun 14:30 Liverpool vs Norwich City
- Sun 16:30 Newport County vs Manchester United
- Sun 17:00 Lazio vs Napoli
- Sun 19:45 Fiorentina vs Inter Milan
- Sun 20:00 Egypt vs DR Congo
- Mon 19:30 Blackburn Rovers vs Wrexham
Rizzel had a blank day on Saturday but tries to make it a profitable Sunday with one 15/2 priced selection at Doncaster.
As always, post your betting tips for today in the comments section below.