Monday Night Football should probably come with a parental advisory – it’s unlikely to be pretty.
Between them Fulham and Chelsea have scored just 10 goals so far with the Blues’ matches averaging less than two goals per game.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men have made their worst start to a top-flight season since 1978-79 but the rot goes back much further and they’re setting records for all the wrong reasons;
- Only nine wins in their last 38 Premier League games – an entire season worth of games.
- Taken 11 points from the last 48 available, winning just two of their last 16
- Failed to score in 13 Premier League matches in 2023
But can Pochettino start to turn things around this evening?
Craven Cottage has been a relatively happy hunting ground for Chelsea. They lost last years fixture 1-0 after going down to 10 men but that was just Fulham’s second win in the last 32 meetings overall.
The Cottagers’ two wins have come against struggling newly promoted Luton Town and Everton, arguably their best result was a 2-2 draw at Arsenal.
Despite Chelsea’s current form and paucity of goals the bookies make them favourites to win the three points at even money. Fulham are 14/5.
On the positive side for Pochettino they’ve recorded the second most touches in the opposition box and have enjoyed the majority of possession in all six league games so far; v Villa (53%), v Bournemouth (65%), v Forest (76%), v Luton (67%), v West Ham (76%) and v Liverpool (65%) so they should see plenty of the ball at Craven Cottage. That possession has led to 5-7-8-6-9-4 corners in this games, averaging 4 per match away from home in the first half. To get three in the first half tonight is 20/21.
- Chelsea Over 2 first half corners 20/21 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Mon 20:00 Fulham vs Chelsea
- Tue 20:00 Lens vs Arsenal
- Tue 20:00 Napoli vs Real Madrid
- Tue 20:00 Inter Milan vs Benfica
- Tue 20:00 Manchester United vs Galatasaray
- Wed 20:00 Celtic vs Lazio
Horse Racing Tips
For the start of the new week Rizzel has picked out one selection who runs at Hamilton in the 4:40 race.
As ever, please share your tips in for today in the comments section below.