Another Erling Haaland Champions League masterclass booked Manchester City's place in the last eight last night alongside Inter Milan, and it would be a major upset if Real Madrid and Napoli didn't join them this evening.
Liverpool‘s campaign feels like it's been one step forward, two steps back all season, and had it not been for another impotent display at Bournemouth at the weekend they might've been traveling to the Bernabeu with at least a glimmer of hope.
The 7-0 win over Manchester United looked like it could've been a watershed moment in the Reds' season but they were quickly brought back down to earth by the Cherries and tonight need to find an improbable three goal win over the current European champions just to stay in their Champions League tie.
The 5-2 first leg defeat to Real Madrid was a chastening experience for Jurgen Klopp's men and it's more or less killed tonight's tie from a betting perspective. Liverpool don't look capable of winning, whereas Madrid don't need to win. And that's reflected in the betting where the hosts are unexpecetedly big-looking at 5/4 and the visitors 9/5.
The Reds do of course need to give it a go but that could play in to Madrid's hands. Karim Benzema looks likely to return after missing out at the weekend and Carlo Ancelotti's is too long in the tooth to assume the tie is over despite a three-goal lead. Based on the price Madrid look a bet tonight.
Napoli have one foot in the quarter-finals after their 2-0 first leg win in Frankfurt. The Italians have been the story of the season across Europe this term and look to have the Serie A title in their grasp.
Their 15 point lead at the top of the table means they can give due focus to their European adventure and who's to say that won't take them all the way to the final in Instanbul?
They were so impressive in the Group Stages where their only defeat came in the last five minutes of a dead rubber at Anfield and with a bit of luck in Friday's draw – they'd fancy their chances against the likes of Milan, Inter, Chelsea and Benfica – they could easily be semi-final bound. That makes them a very lively bet at 7/1 to lift the trophy and to make it a truly memorable season for Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli.
Tonight they look solid at 4/9 to cement their last-8 place with a win.
Double them up with Brighton who host shot-shy Crystal Palace in the M23 Derby. The Eagles haven't had a shot on target in 291 minutes in the Premier League and despite being 12th in the table Patrick Vieira's side look like they'll get sucked in to a relegation battle.
Brighton on the other hand are eyeing a place in Europe. The Seagulls have tasted defeat just once this year and look more than capable of picking up three points tonight, which would see Roberto De Zerbi's side draw level with Liverpool on points with a game in hand.
- Real Madrid to win 5/4 Bet365
- Napoli & Brighton to win 11/10 SBK
- Napoli to win the Champions League 7/1 SBK
Upcoming Match Previews & Tip
- Football Bet of the Day: Rovers to Edge Past Travel Sick Royals
- Wednesday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 17/2 BTTS & Total Team Goals Acca
- Wed 17:00 Istanbul Basaksehir vs KAA Gent
- Wed 20:00 Real Madrid vs Liverpool
- Wed 20:00 Napoli vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- Wed 20:00 Sunderland vs Sheffield United
- Thu 20:00 Real Betis vs Manchester United
- Thu 20:00 Arsenal vs Sporting CP
- Thu 20:00 Real Sociedad vs AS Roma
- Thu 20:00 West Ham United vs AEK Larnaca
- Thu 20:00 Ferencvaros vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Thu 20:00 Union Saint-Gilloise vs Union Berlin
- Thu 20:00 Villarreal vs Anderlecht
The PGA Tour continues with its final Florida swing event with this week's Valspar Championship. The Caddy brings us his best bets to pick up the $1,458,000 prize.
Cheltenham Festival Tips
Tuesday's tips turned a small profit to open the Festival thanks to Corach Rambler doing the business and Byker grabbing a place. On to Wednesday's action and once again Rizzel has everything covered with a race-by-race guide to Festival Wednesday.
- Cheltenham Festival Day 2: Best Bets for Wednesday at the Festival
- 13:30 The Ballymore Novices' Hurdle
- 14:10 The Brown Advisory Novices' Chase
- 14:50 The Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle
- 15:30 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 16:10 The Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase
- 16:50 The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Challenge Cup
- 17:30 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Champion Cheltenham Tipster
Day Two entries are now open in our Cheltenham Tipster Competition. Well done to duncanpoundcake who picked five winners from six races yesterday to win a £25 free bet.
Cheltenham Festival Free Bets & Bonuses
Get ready for the Cheltenham Festival by boosting your betting bank thanks to these Top 10 Welcome Offers.
As always, let us know your best betting tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!