Anfield on Sunday was a chastening experience for Manchester United and tonight they have the chance to bounce back quickly when Real Betis visit Old Trafford.
The 7-0 defeat to Liverpool will go down in the history books but if Erik ten Hag doesn't want it to be season-defining result he'll be keen to add to the silveware already won in the shape of the Carabao Cup. The bookies make the Red Devils 5/2 favs to lift the Europa League trophy.
To do so they'll need to navigate a way past the Spaniards who sit fifth in La Liga. Betis got to this stage of the competition with an impressive display in the group stages where they won 16 points and were victorious in their three away games but ten Hag will surely get a response out of side after Sunday's humiliation. United are just 2/5 to win which is a bit short for a single especially against a side who eked out a 0-0 draw with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last time out.
Marcus Rashford could be the man to lead United to victory by getting back on the scoresheet after drawing a blank at the weekend. United's top scorer is 4/5 to find the net.
Union Berlin have gone off the boil a little in Bundesliga but will fancy their chances against Union Saint Gilloise who's win at the weekend was their first in five. Ajax were disposed of in the last round and the Germans look reasonably priced at 8/13.
Europa League experts Sevilla look vulnerable on paper at 3/4 against a Fenerbahce side who dropped in to the competition after an early Champions League exit. They then topped a relatively weak group and have been in good domestic form and are unbeaten in seven. The same can't be said of the Spaniard who languish near the bottom of La Liga in 17th position. But Sevilla shouldn't be written off in this competition where they've had so much recent success.
In the Conference League Sheriff Tiraspol look a touch overpriced at 7/2 to win at home to Nice. The French side are in good form despite being 7th in Ligue 1 but the Modolvans came from behind to knock out Partizan Belgrade in the last round to keep their Euro hopes alive. They're not quite of the standard when they won the Bernabeu on Champions League duty in 2021 but still deserve some respect and are worth a small punt at that price.
Upcoming Match Previews & Tip
- Football Bet of the Day: Sevilla to Strike Twice at Home to Fenerbahçe
- Thu 17:45 Roma vs Real Sociedad
- Thu 17:45 AEK Larnaca vs West Ham United
- Thu 17:45 Sporting Lisbon vs Arsenal
- Thu 17:45 Anderlecht vs Villarreal
- Thu 17:45 Bayer Leverkusen vs Ferencvaros
- Thu 17:45 Union Berlin vs Union Saint-Gilloise
- Thu 20:00 Manchester United vs Real Betis
- Thu 20:00 Juventus vs SC Freiburg
- Thu 20:00 Sevilla vs Fenerbahce
- Thu 20:00 Shakhtar Donetsk vs Feyenoord
- Fri 19:45 Caley Thistle vs Kilmarnock
The biggest event of the year so far tees off at the iconic Stadium Course, TPC Sawgrass on Thursday bringing together the world’s golfing elite. The Caddy brings us his predictions for this week's Players Championship and casts his eye over the Magical Kenya Open.
- Players Championship Golf Betting Tips and Preview
- Magical Kenya Open Betting Tips, Best Pick and Preview
Finger's crossed that all meetings pass a morning inspection so both of Rizzel's and Cairnzy's Thursday selections get a chance to run and return some winners.
- Racing tips: The profitable combo of Menzies & Murphy look set for another winner
- Racing Tips: 2 Top Tips for Thursday's Horse Racing at Southwell
As always, let us know your best betting tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!