The Merseyside Derby kicks things off this lunchtime and it presents Liverpool with the chance to go top of the table, if only for a brief period, with a win.
They’ve lost just once to Everton in the last 28 meetings between the sides and the Toffees have won just three times at Anfield in the Premier League era. In fact the blue half of the city have seen their team fail to score in this fixture a whopping 42% of the time.
So history, as well as current form is stacked against Sean Dyche’s men who are 13/2 to pull off a surprise win. While the Reds will be popular on the accas at 1/3.
Mo Salah continues to be a man in form, he’s scored 16 and assisted 11 in his last 23 league games. He’s hit five goals in nine Merseyside Derbies and is 20/21 to net today.
Craig Pawson is the man on the whistle today and he’s brandished 25 yellows in his five top flight matches so far. This fixture has produced more red cards than other in the Premier League (22) but these sides boast the some of best disciplinary records in the league. Liverpool have the lowest card count at home (0.33 per game) whilst Everton have the second lowest overall (1.63). But derbies hit differently and Over 5.5 cards at 11/10 has its appeal.
Newcastle have picked up plenty of plaudits this year but only one point separates them and Crystal Palace in 8th and 9th place respectively.
Bizarrely, all three meetings last season ended goalless and it’s 14/1 that there’s No Goalscorer (better than 10/1 on 0-0) once more.
Palace have kept three clean sheets in a row in the league, two of which have finished goalless, but they’ll have their work cutout to keep out the second top scorers in the Premier League.
The Eagles lack of goals – just seven in eight games – is their biggest concern and that lack of firepower could cost them today where a home win to nil looks a good option at 6/5.
Man City’s talisman Rodri returns today and that’s good news for Pep Guardiola’s side who are unbeaten in his last 35 appearances for the club.
Visitor’s Brighton do not enjoy this fixture. They’ve lost their last nine visits to City by an aggregate score of 24-3. They’ve been the most entertaining side in the league so far with their games seeing 4.6 goals on average.
That suggests there could be goals today but the bookies aren’t taking any chances with Over 2.5 goals at 2/5 so go with over 1.5 in the first half at even money.
Chelsea picked up some much-needed points prior to the international break but we’ll find out whether they’re ready to embark on a sustained run of form in tonight’s match at home to Arsenal.
The Gunners are joint top and have won six of the last seven meetings between the sides. Despite three wins in three the Blue still don’t look capable of going toe-to-toe with the top teams in the league and the visitors look a good price at 6/5.
In the Championship league leaders Leicester City face a tricky trip away to Swansea City who have won their last four in the league and look a bit short at 3/4.
At the same price Middlesbrough are worth considering today. They look like they've found their mojo once again under Michael Carrick. They've won five on the bounce including a 4-0 derby thumping of Sunderland and welcome Birmingham to the Riverside.
That of course means Wayne Rooney will be the dugout following his surprise appointment during the international break but Middlesbrough’s recent good form earns them our vote this afternoon, either on your acca or to score two or more at 5/6, something they’ve done in their last five.
The goals continue to rain in League Two where 39 goals were scored in last week’s 11 fixtures (3.55 per match) and all but one saw Over 1.5 goals . Another nine goals were scored in two games last night.
There’s 10 games today and Over 2.5 goals in each of them pays 273/1. That might be a bit ambitious but the 67/10 on Over 1.5 goals in each won’t be too far away.
In Scotland there’s been a raft of postponements in the north east due to flooding and stormy weather so check the fixture list here before place any bets.
The weather won’t prevent Phillipe Clement making his bow at Ibrox as new Rangers head coach. Visitors Hibs remain unbeaten under their new manager Nick Montgomery. The Gers should get the job done but don’t be surprised to see the Hibees on the scoresheet. BTTS pays 10/11.
Bookies will tempt plenty of punters with St Mirren priced at 17/10 to win at Ross County. The Buddies are third in the table and have made a great start to the season but they’ve now not won in three and it’s time they got back to winning ways.
The two highest scoring teams in the Championship meet at Firhill where Partick Thistle host league leaders Dundee Utd. Over 2/5 goals looks generously priced at 17/20 in places.
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: A Real tough start for Sevilla boss
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Italy, Spain & France
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 9/2 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Head to Hampshire For Goals in the English National League on Saturday
- Goals Tips: BTTS, To Score 2+, Over 2.5 Goals and 52/1 Goals Acca Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: Mainz vs Bayern Munich Bet Builder
- EFL: Rotherham vs Ipswich, Charlton vs Reading & Oxford vs Blackpool
- Scottish Football Tips: Best Bets at Dundee Utd, Peterhead & St Mirren
- Weekend Football Acca Tips: Expect Goals Galore and Lukaku to Shine
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Liverpool vs Everton
- Sat 12:30 Preston North End vs Millwall
- Sat 15:00 Manchester City vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Rangers vs Hibernian
- Sat 15:00 AFC Bournemouth vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Sat 15:00 Brentford vs Burnley
- Sat 15:00 Nottingham Forest vs Luton Town
- Sat 15:00 Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 17:30 Chelsea vs Arsenal
- Sat 20:00 Sheffield United vs Manchester United
- Sun 14:15 Hearts vs Celtic
- Sun 16:30 Aston Villa vs West Ham United
- Sun 19:45 AC Milan vs Juventus
- Sun 20:00 Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao
- Mon 20:00 Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham
- Liverpool v Everton – Over 5.5 Cards 11/10 Bet365
- Arsenal to win 6/5 Bet365
- St Mirren to win 17/10 Bet365
- Man City v Brighton – Over 1.5 First Half Goals
- Middlesbrough to score 2+
- Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd – Over 2.5 Goals
- Treble Pays 5.78/1 Bet365
First Goalscorer e/w Lucky 15
- Mo Salah
- Julian Alvarez
- Alexander Isak
- James Tavernier
- Four-fold pays 818/1 Bet365
Bonkers Bet & Really Bonkers Bet
- League Two all Games Over 1.5 Goals 67/10
- League Two all Games Over 2.5 Goals 273/1
Horse Racing Tips
For Champions Day at Ascot Rizzel has picked out his four strongest fancies.
As ever, please share your tips in for today in the comments section below.