Aston Villa were excellent in their 1-0 win over Manchester City in midweek and put their top four credentials on the line again this evening when league leaders Arsenal are the visitors.
Villa Park is currently the toughest venue to go to in the top flight but Villa still look a bit of value at 12/5 to put a spanner in the Gunners’ title challenge and potentially move one point off the top.
Despite some of the doom and gloom around Manchester United Erik ten Hag has picked up Manager of the Month and Harry Maguire Player of the Month. Five of their six defeats have come against teams in the top eight so they’ve fared well against teams in the lower reaches and can win again today against Bournemouth at Old Trafford.
Double them up with Wolves who host a Nottingham Forest side that have lost their last four. Gary O’Neil’s men edged out Burnley in midweek and that could signal an upturn in luck for his side.
The Man Utd & Wolves double pays just over 9/5.
Marti Cifuentes has made a quick impact as new boss of QPR. After a run 12 without a win Rangers have won back-to-back matches for the first time this season and will be buzzing ahead of the visit from Hull City today.
The Tigers’ only win in their last five away from home came at struggling Birmingham and they’ve conceded two or more in four of those. QPR are 11/5 to win but we can cash in the Rs to score two to more for a second week running at 2/1.
We should see goals at Vicarage Road where two sides in good form meet. Watford have lost just one of their last ten – to Leicester, whilst Southampton are unbeaten in 11.
Watford’s last six Championship matches have finished 2-2, 2-3, 1-0, 2-2, 5-0 and 3-2 so Over 2.5 looks a good option at 19/20.
Dip in to League Two for more Over 2.5 chances. Accrington v Doncaster and Tranmere v Newport look the stand-out candidates.
Wrexham will be aiming to keep apace with Stockport at the top and can secure three points at struggling Forest Green. A couple of Wrexham goals pays 4/7.
There are a few managers feeling the heat in the Scottish Premiership at the moment.
Barry Robson’s Aberdeen are second bottom of the table and they host 3rd top Hearts this afternoon. The Jambos had won four win a row prior to a midweek defeat to Rangers whereas Aberdeen have just one win in seven in the league. Despite that the bookies make the Dons 8/5 favourites to take the three points at Pittodrie, something they’ve done just once in six attempt this season, The value therefore has to be with the visitors at 13/8.
After a good start to the season things have gone pear-shaped for Motherwell boss Stuart Kettlewell. The Steelmen are winless in 12 and 3-0 midweek defeat to Ross County has piled on the pressure. St Johnstone‘s tails will be up after a midweek win over St Mirren. Craig Levein appears to be getting the best out of a squad that underperformed under the previous manager and the Saintees won't be without their backers at 5/2.
Livingston, under David Martindale, are in the worst shape of all. On top of six straight defeats they’ve failed to score in their last five and have managed just one goal from open play in their last 10.
Visitors Hibs have been going well under Nick Montgomery, their only two defeats in his 12 in charge coming against Celtic and Rangers. They’ve been popular with punters this week, shortening from 13/10 to 11/10 and like to go off smaller than that.
A few bigger prices catch the eye lower down the leagues. Inverness’s unbeaten start under Duncan Ferguson was ended by conceded two late goals to Raith Rovers in midweek but they look well priced at 15/8 to bounce back at Queen’s Park who are sliding down the table.
Edinburgh City were on the weekend shortlist at 12/5 but they’ve drifted like a barge upon news that Michael McIndoe may have to turn his U20 squad to fulfil the fixture due to a cash crisis at the club. They’re now 6/1 which will be a massive price if those rumours are unfounded.
Join Greg and Selectabet for a preview of this weekend's matches in Scotland on this week's Podcast
- Man Utd & Wolves to win 9/5 Bet365
Over 2.5 Goals Treble
- Watford v Southampton
- Accrington v Doncaster
- Tranmere v Newport
- Treble pays 47/10 Bet365
Longshot Scottish Treble
- St Johnstone
- Edinburgh City (Check team news)
- Treble pays 69/1 (Double without Edinburgh pays 9/1) Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Basel in recovery mode
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Germany, Italy & Holland
- Saturdays’ Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 11/2 Both Teams to Score, Over 2.5 Goals & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Goals to Continue to be Ploughed in at Plough Lane on Saturday
- SlipsTips Tips: Livingston vs Hibernian Bet Builder
- EFL Betting Tips: Key Insights on Notts County, Accrington, and Blackpool's Upcoming Clashes
- Scottish Tips: Best Bets at Hibs, Cove Rangers & Inverness
- Weekend Football: Sydney FC's Challenge and Young Boys' Dominance in Spotlight
- Sat 12:30 Sunderland vs West Bromwich Albion
- Sat 12:30 Crystal Palace vs Liverpool
- Sat 15:00 Rangers vs Dundee
- Sat 15:00 Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth
- Sat 15:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley
- Sat 15:00 Sheffield United vs Brentford
- Sat 17:30 Aston Villa vs Arsenal
- Sat 17:30 Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig
- Sun 12:00 Kilmarnock vs Celtic
- Sun 14:00 Luton Town vs Manchester City
- Sun 16:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United
Five selections have been picked out for a busy day of racing on Saturday.
As always, post your tips for today in the comments section below.