IT'LL be 24 years since Scotland graced a World Cup by the time Qatar 2022 kicks-off but they're in a great position to qualify for one of four three-team play-offs that could see them look out the factor 50 suncream for a trip to the Middle East.
A win over Israel tonight would give them a four point cushion over their opponents with just three games to play; a home match against runaway Group F leaders Denmark and two winnable away matches against Faroe Islands (on Tuesday) and bottom side Moldova.
The two sides must be sick of the sight of each other, this will be their seventh meeting in the last three years, but the Scots have won just one of the last six over 90 minutes. But memorably they won the one that mattered most, a penatly shoout-out win en route to Euro 2020.
A full house at Hampden Park will be at fever pitch and can roar the Scots to victory at 20/21 (SBK) but don't expect a classic. With so much at stake it could be a typically tight affair and victory by a one goal margin pays 5/2.
John McGinn top-scored for Scotland in Euro 2020 qualifying and the Aston Villa midfielder could be the man to provide the breakthrough once more. He's 9/1 to open the scoring or 7/2 to score anytime.
England should have a more straightforward night in Andorra. Gareth Soughtgate might opt to give some fringe players a run-out with an eye on Tuesday's more challenging fixture against Hungary. If Harry Kane plays the 6/4 about England scoring a penatly could be worth a shot as could the England striker to have over 2.5 shots on target in the game at 6/4.
Luxembourg are a team on the rise and worth keeping an eye on. They lost 4-1 to tonight's visitors Serbia earlier in the campaign but two late goals made the scoreline a little unfair on them. They've beaten Ireland and Azerbaijan and it's taken a single goal by Scotland and Norway to get the better of them this year. 13/2 for the win is a bit ambitious but they could be worth looking at on the Asian lines where they're 2.200 with +1 of a start.
- Scotland winning margin 1 goal 5/2 (Bet365)
Upcoming Matches & Tips
- KevMac's World Cup Tips: Crunch-Time for Scots Against Familiar Foes
- Desmond’s Goals Tips: BTTS, Over 2.5 Goals and 84/1 Goals Acca Tips
- Football Bet of the day: Mitrović & Co should fire past Luxembourg
- Saturday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today's 9/1 BTTS & Total Team Goals Acca
- Sat 12:00 Forest Green Rovers v Swindon Town
- Sat 14:00 Lithuania v Bulgaria
- Sat 17:00 Finland v Ukraine
- Sat 17:00 Azerbaijan v Republic of Ireland
- Sat 17:00 Sweden v Kosovo
- Sat 17:00 Scotland v Israel
- Sat 19:45 Moldova v Denmark
- Sat 19:45 Hungary v Albania
- Sat 19:45 Poland v San Marino
- Sat 19:45 Switzerland v Northern Ireland
As ever, The Caddy is giving us a run for our money on the PGA & European Tours this weekend. He reluctantly tipped in-form Jon Rahm, due to his short price, but he did say he was too good to ignore and the Spaniard is one-shot off the lead in Madrid. Fellow countryman Adri Arnaus was The Caddy's 35/1 headline pick and he's right in the mix too, just a shot behind Rahm.
In Las Vegas, Sam Burns, tipped at 25/1 to make it two wins on the bounce, leads the way on -13 at the Shriners.
It looks like another exciting couple of days for backers of The Caddy's tips. Fingers crossed.
- Golf Tips: Shriners Children’s Open Preview & Predictions
- Golf Tips: Open de Espana Preview & Predictions
The Predictor's is back ahead of the big fight in Las Vegas on Saturday night when Tyson Fury and Doentay Wilder square up for the third time. He previews the fight plus takes a look as two other interesting bouts tonight.
Today's Racing Tips
Rizzle notched a cracking winner yesterday as Some Chaos won, tipped up at 7/1. He's heading to Hexham for both of his selections for Saturday's racing.
We're also pleased to welcome Cairnzy as a feature tipster on the site following some good work on the racing threads. Best of luck to him with his two selections at Newmarket.
- Racing tips: It's Good To Laugh can shoulder a penalty to remain unbeaten over hurdles
- Saturday Racing Tips: Going for Gold with Goldspur
As always, let us know your football tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!