Arsenal's trip to the Etihad on Wednesday has loomed large on the horizon for a number of weeks now and a win tonight will ensure they'll make the trip to Manchester seven points clear of their title rivals.
Sure they'll have played two matches more than City but at this stage of the season you'd be happy just having the points in the bag.
But two consecutive 2-2 draws have been costly for the Gunners, even more so since they led 2-0 in both games, however Mikel Arteta's men can get things back on track at the Emirates tonight.
The Spaniard needs a morale-boosting win ahead of their midweek showdown which could prove decisive in the title race and visitors Southampton look like they could be perfect cannon-fodder for the Gunners.
The Saints have failed to win an away match in the league to Arsenal in 27 attempts and just two in 45 overall so they're up against it and rightly 16/1 shots to win.
Arsenal have raced in to early leads in their last two games, scoring in the 8th and 7th minute against Liverpool and West Ham and are 7/2 to get off to a flier again tonight with a goal inside 10 minutes. More appealing though is the 13/8 on two first half goals for the home side or the safer option of 11/10 on a total of two first half goals.
Tonight's match in the Scottish Championship will have huge bearing on who is promoted to the Premiership as champions.
It wasn't too long ago that Ayr United were top of the pile but they now find themselves out of the play-off places, in fifth. But things are so tightly packed that mathematically they could still win the league. That's a bit fanciful and they'd bite your hand off for a top four finish right now.
They welcome second-placed Queen's Park to Somerset Park tonight and the Spiders are also desperate for a win. Despite losing three of their last four they're just a point off leaders Dundee, whom they play in the final match of the season in two weeks time.
It couldn't be any more exciting and both teams should give it a go tonight which will hopefully lead to an open game. BTTS is an 8/13 shot and Over 2.5 is 4/5.
- Arsenal v Southampton – Over 1.5 First Half Goals 11/10 Bet365
- Ayr Utd v Queen's Park – Over 2.5 Goals 4/5 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Football Cheat Sheet: Best Value Bets for This Saturday's Football
- Friday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Back Both to Score at the Bentegodi
- Fri 19:30 Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
- Fri 19:45 Verona vs Bologna
- Fri 19:45 Ayr United vs Queen's Park
- Fri 20:00 Arsenal vs Southampton
- Sat 12:30 Fulham vs Leeds United
- Sat 12:30 Hearts vs Ross County
- Sat 15:00 Celtic vs Motherwell
- Sat 15:00 Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest
- Sun 14:00 Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Sun 14:00 AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham United
- Sun 16:30 Aberdeen vs Rangers
Rizzel has picked out four selections for Friday's racing with two coming at Day 1 of the Ayr Scottish National Festival.
As always, let us know your best betting tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!