Sunderland were brought back down to earth in a 1-0 defeat at home to Cardiff City at the weekend. They’d previously won three on the bounce, scoring 11 in the process and were unbeaten in five.
Tonight they’re aiming to get the show back on the road at Sheffield Wednesday who prop up the Championship table.
The Owls have had a horrendous start to the season and are winless in eight under new boss Xisco Munoz. Inevitably the fans have been calling for him to go, against the backdrop of protests against owner Dejphon Chansiri, and one more defeat tonight might tip things over the edge.
It’s hard to make a case for anything other than a Sunderland win at 5/4.
In the Scottish League One it looks like Hamilton will be locked in a two-way battle with Falkirk for automatic promotion to the Championship. Both sides have won six and drawn one, taking them seven points clear of the pack.
They meet each other next week and but first Hamilton host 6th placed Annan Athletic at New Douglas Park this evening.
Annan have picked up one point on the road but lost convincingly at Falkirk (0-3) and Queen of the South (1-3). The Accies should keep their momentum going with a win, which if doubled with a victory for Falkirk on Saturday pays 4/5.
- Sunderland to win 5/4 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Football Bet of the Day: Hamilton to Home in On Top Spot
- Sat 12:30 Motherwell vs Celtic
- Sat 12:30 Aston Villa vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester City
- Sat 15:00 Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 15:00 Rangers vs Aberdeen
- Sat 17:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool
- Sun 14:00 Nottingham Forest vs Brentford
Horse Racing Tips
For Day 2 of the Cambridgeshire meeting at Newmarket Rizzel has three selections. His NAP of the day runs in the opener and is currently priced up at 11/2.
As ever, please share your tips in for today in the comments section below.