The two form teams in the Premier League meet in today's lunchtime clash at Villa Park.
Unai Emery has transformed Aston Villa's season since taking over from Steven Gerrard. The former Rangers' manager left the club sitting just above the relegation zone on goal difference but they're now in a strong position for a European place and if they keep up their current form won't be far away from a top four finish.
Visitors Newcastle will provide a litmus test for just how much progress Villa have made. Eddie Howe's side have won five in a row and anything less than a top four finish will be viewed with disappointment on the north east.
This one looks really hard to call but defeats to Arsenal and Manchester City under Emery points to them being a bit short to compete with teams right at the top. The Magpies aren't far off that and could just edge it at 21/20.
Sean Dyche will be hoping Everton can add to their strong record against Fulham against whom they've only lost two of their last 14 league games. If the Toffees are to claim the points it'll most likely be in a 1-0 win, all three wins under Dyche have come at home by that scoreline. It's 6/1 for a fourth by that scoreline.
Tottenham are a bit too short at 9/20 at home to Bournemouth but should get the job done. Harry Kane to net looks a better value bet at 4/5. The hitman has scored in 20 of his 30 Premier League appearances this season including his last four for Spurs.
Roy Hodgson's impact at Crystal Palace has been immediate. A 5-1 win at Elland Road flattered the Eagles a bit but plenty will be keen to get involved with them today at 17/10. Southampton are desperate for a win that could lift them off the bottom so it could be an end-to-end encounter at St Mary's. With that in mind BTTS at 19/20 appeals in this one.
In the evening kick-off Leicester should probably be bigger than the 14/1 on offer. Man City purred in midweek against Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich and if they hit anything near that lvel of performance tonight it could be long evening for the Foxes at the Etihad. A comfortable, goal-laden home wins looks on the cards.
After last night's win for Aberdeen, Hearts find themselves five points off third place, an incredible fall from grace in a short period of time and one that's cost Robbie Neilson his job. Steven Naismith will be in the dugout for the Jambos at Easter Road as they attempt to arrest the side in the Edinburgh Derby.
It's a fixture they've enjoyed a lot of joy in recently but who know's how this one will go. Hibs couldn't be trusted to take advantage of the turmoil at Hearts so this one night be best enjoyed without a bet on the outcome.
John Beaton is the man in charge. He's dished out 6 reds this season and there's been two sendings-off in the last four meetings. A red today pays 2/1.
Motherwell have seen some backing ahead of their home match against bottom side Dundee Utd. Stuart Kettlewell has Well heading oin the right direction but their turnaround in form has probably come too late for a top six finish. But they're a side with some good momentum at the moment and still backable at 19/20.
In the Scottish Championship, Inverness (17/20) can keep their good run going with a win at hapless Cove Rangers. It's now four wins on the bounce for Caley and they've plenty to play for with a top four place up for grabs and a Scottish Cup semi-final before the end of the month. Over 1.5 away goals appeals at 5/6.
Ayr United fan Stuart Wilson was very down on his team's chances at Firhill in this week's Gambla Podcast. He feels that Lee Bullen's side have run their race this season and that an in-form Partick Thistle side look in good shape to take the three points at even money.
Arbroath could be a bit of value at 11/5 away to Raith Rovers. The hosts' season looks like it could be fizzling out, they're not in relegation trouble nor are they likely to make the play-offs. Dick Campbell's side on the other hand seem to have hit some form at just the right time and have picked up impressive wins against Queen's Park and Ayr United as well as a point against league leaders Dundee.
Airdrie could also beat the odds at Falkirk. First place looks out of reach for the Bairns so attention will be turning to their semi-final against Inverness in a couple of weeks. Airdrie have won five in a row, scored 22 goals and conceded just two so make the short trip in good spirits. 2/1 is worth a punt.
League One leaders, Stirling Albion (21/20) are unbeaten since the start of December and although they face a tough trip to Stenhousemuir they can't be ignored at odds against in that kind of form and on the brink of the title.
Scottish Tips Podcast
For more Scottish Tips with Greg, Stuart and Selectabet don't miss this week's Scottish Podcast from the team at Gambla.
- Newcastle to win
- Southampton v Palace BTTS
- Double pays 3/1 at Bet365
Scottish Longshot Treble
- Treble pays 17/1 at Bet365
- Man City 5 Leicester City 0 14/1 Bet365
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Dortmund up two the task
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Germany, France & Holland
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 4/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Ignore Ghandi and Back Goals at Both Ends in the Early Kickoff
- SlipsTips Tips: Saturday’s Scottish Tips
- EFL Tips: Grimsby vs Mansfield, Forest Green vs Barnsley & Exeter vs Plymouth
- Scottish Tips: Patrick Thistle vs Ayr, Cove Rangers vs Inverness & Hibernian vs Hearts
- Weekend Cheat Sheet: Best Value Bets for This Weekends Football
- EFL Tips: Rotherham vs Luton, MK Dons vs Cheltenham & Gillingham vs Stockport
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Aston Villa vs Newcastle United
- Sat 12:30 Hibernian vs Hearts
- Sat 12:30 Sheffield United vs Cardiff City
- Sat 15:00 Chelsea vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Rangers vs St Mirren
- Sat 15:00 Everton vs Fulham
- Sat 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur vs AFC Bournemouth
- Sat 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brentford
- Sat 15:00 Southampton vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 17:30 Manchester City vs Leicester City
- Sat 19:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Hull City
- Sun 12:00 Kilmarnock vs Celtic
- Sun 14:00 West Ham United vs Arsenal
- Sun 16:30 Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United
- Mon 20:00 Leeds United vs Liverpool
Grand National & Saturday Racing Tips
Big thanks to Cairnzy who has penned this year's guide to the Grand National. It can be a thankless task trying to pick the winner of the big race but he's provided us some really good pointers for who should be there or thereabouts.
Rizzel has put in a sterling effort ahead of the day's action at Aintree where he takes us through the card including his tip for the National.
- Grand National 2023: Horse by Horse Guide and Betting Tips
- Racing tips: The king of Aintree Fakir D'oudairies can land his third Marsh Chase
- Bet on the Grand National – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets at Bet365
As always, let us know your best betting tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!