Rangers v Aberdeen
Scottish Premiership, Wednesday, December 5. KO 7.45pm.
Steven Gerrard has guided Rangers to the top of the Premiership for the first time in seven years and he'll be determined to stay there as long as possible.
A battling win over Hearts at Tynecastle lifted them one clear of the seven-in-a-row champions Celtic albeit having played one more game.
On Wednesday Gers welcome old foes Aberdeen and Celtic visit Motherwell in the middle of a hectic spell and an Old Firm double pays 6-5 – I backed it heavily on Sunday at a much bigger 8-5.
Rangers are 11-20 with 888sport to beat a Dons side who played well despite losing 1-0 to Celtic in the Betfred Cup Final at Hampden. I'd have loved nearer evens but Aberdeen could be on a downer after another final defeat.
The Dons have a terrible recent record at Ibrox with only one win this century and are 4-1 to improve those figures while a draw is 10-3 at 888sport.
Ibrox will be buzzing and I can't see Rangers failing against a side who chased everything in the Final.
Alfredo Morelos has netted in his last seven league games and is evens to make it eight in a row.
There seems to be a red card every time Rangers play these days and after Daniel Candeias walked against Villarreal it was Scott Arfield's turn at Tynecastle.
Ref Bobby Madden was slated by Hearts boss Craig Levein for being too lenient with Morelos and there's no doubt the Colombian plays on the edge – and Aberdeen will be trying to wind him up.
No card markets on 888sport yet but when they appear I'll update this post.
- Rangers are unbeaten in five Premiership matches against Aberdeen (W3 D2)
- Aberdeen have won just once in 29 league games at Ibrox (D4 L24).
- Rangers have picked up 28 points from a possible 30 in their past 10 league games at Ibrox (W9 D1), scoring 32 and conceding just five in this run.
- Aberdeen have won just one of their past six league away games (D2 L3), conceding in each of those games.
- Rangers defender James Tavernier has provided eight assists so far this season in the Scottish Premiership; double any other player in the competition.
- Morelos to score (Evens, 888sport)
- Card bets to follow
Resident football tipster at Scotland's most read newspaper, the Daily Record, for over 20 years and proud host of one the best betting communities on the web with daily betting tips.