RANGERS got the weekend off to a bad start for many as they only managed to beat little Stranraer 2-0 so let's hope the other big Scottish Cup favourites do better today.
Steven Gerrard changed half his team but played just one youngster so the result should have been more convincing. The Ibrox men just didn't play well enough or look sharp and one outfield goal from 33 attempts is a poor return.
My Super Single was Rangers -3 and Greg agreed that would be the minimum return but it wasn't to be.
Questions have been asked about team news but only Rangers and Celtic will play weakened teams – I'm not going big on Celtic but their fringe players are guys such as Mikey Johnston, Nir Bitton and Jonny Hayes. Leigh Griffiths is expected to start and new striker Patryk Klimala is in the squad so Neil Lennon's men should win with plenty to spare.
I'm tipping a few teams on the handicaps today so let's hope there are no more results like the Rangers one.
Don't miss all of today's tips, competitions, podcasts and challenges
- VIP Tips: Today's Longshot Accs pays a handsome 73-1. Exclusively for VIP Members
- Scottish Tips: Mr F previews today's action in Scotland where his Scottish Cup Tips takes centre stage
- English Tips: Liverpool v Man Utd is the featured match in Mr F's English Tips this weekend
- Super Single Shortlist: Mr F laid out his best Super Single options earlier in the week for VIP Members
- Euro Tips: Scott's Euro Tips come from Italy, Germany and a 21-20 tip on Real Madrid's match v Sevilla
- Euro BTTS: Scott's Euro Both Teams to Score Treble pays 4-1 and kicks-off at 5pm
- Greg's Goals Bets: Greg is looking to goals in the National League for a big priced winner at 40-1+ today
- Euro Asian Handicap: SlipsTips previews prime candidates for wins on the Asian Handicap this weekend
- Thommo's Racing Tips: Willie Mullins' Un De Sceaux headlines Thommo's four Tips for Ascot today
- VoV's Racing Tips: 9-2 shot Cornerston Lad is the pick of Voice of Value's Saturdays TV racing tips
- £10-£1000 Challenge: Don't miss Mr Fixit's brand new bank-building Challenge exclusively at SBK
- Watford v Spurs: SlipsTips expects both teams to score in today's early kick-off at Vicarage Road
- Newcastle v Chelsea: A generous 4-6 says Newcastle can score in SlipsTips live match preview
- Partick Thistle v Celtic: KevMac aims to take advantage of some fringe players with a 13/10 anytime goalscorer tip
- Dundee v Motherwell: The all-Premier League clash should be a tight affair in tonight's live Scottish Cup match
- Football Podcast: Selectabet & Greg discuss this week's best football bets on the Gambla Podcast
- Racing Podcast: The Voice of Value talks us through all seven races live on ITV from Ascot & Haydock
My Super Single is Watford draw no bet against Spurs in the early game – and while I'm taking less risk I wouldn't be surprised if the underdogs took all three points.
Most of my tips are reasoned on separate Scottish and English previews and check out all the match previews.
Desmond is on holiday so won't have tips but he confirms floschar is the £100 winner of his New Year contest and he'll receive an email in due course.
Well done to anyone who had a winner on Friday including Scott with his members bet and Alex with several winners. My 6-1 Top Treble was beaten by a last-minute leveller for Zwolle against Utrecht but it was finished before Benfica started so unable to cover.
3pts Super Single
- Watford draw no bet (12.30pm)
- (11-8, Unibet)
3pts Top Treble
- St Mirren -2
- (12-5, Sky Bet)
*1pt Moneyback Fivefold
- Nottm Forest (Sun)
- Motherwell (7.20pm)
- Cove Rangers
- (12-1, McBookie)
*Stake back as free bet for 1 wrong
2pts Both to Score Treble
73-1 Longshot Moneyback 5-fold
12-1 Four Aways
158-1 Four Draws
19-1 First Goal Scorer Double
January Super Single Stats: -13pts
January Advised Acca Stats: +2pts