Newcastle are running out of time if they're to avoid the ignominy of being the ‘richest football club in the world' while playing in the second tier.
They've taken just 10 points from their opening 18 games and with the safety watermark usually set around the 40 point mark they're going to need some turnaround in the second half of the season to avoid relegation. Before they can flex their financial muscle in the January transfer window they welcome Manchester United to St James' park tonight.
The Magpies simply haven't been good enough this season and have struggled against the better sides, losing all 10 matches against teams in the top half of the table this season. Eddie Howe's appointment hasn't quite had the impact the club would have hoped for, winning just one of their seven matches since his arrival.
The Red Devils sit seventh with a couple of games in hand over teams above them. They haven't played since their 1-0 win at Norwich City back on December 11th and have a near fully fit squad to choose from – a rarity in the Premier League at the moment.
Newcastle have the worst defensive record in the Premier League so a Man Utd win could see them score a couple along the way. A United win plus them to score two or more pays 4/6 so add in over 3 united corners (they average five per away match) to take the BetBuilder to even money.
- Man Utd to win, Over 1 Man Utd Goal, Over 3 Man Utd Corners 1/1 Bet365 BetBuilder
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Monday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 7/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
Mon 12:30 Doncaster Rovers v Sunderland
- Mon 15:00 Derby County v West Bromwich Albion
- Mon 17:30 QPR v Bournemouth
- Mon 20:00 Newcastle United v Manchester United
- Tue 12:30 Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Tue 20:00 Leicester City v Liverpool
Today's Racing Tips
Monday is Welsh Grand National day and both Rizzel and Cairnzy present their selections for the big race at Chepstow.
- Racing tips: The strong staying Elegant Escape shouldn't be underestimated in the Welsh Grand National
- Monday's Free Racing Tips: Eva’s Oskar Could Outrun Big Price in Welsh National
Christmas Giveaway – You Could Win £10,000
It's always been a Christmas tradition for Mr Fixit to come up a prize giveaway around this time of year so we've asked three of our tipsters to come up with their best bets for 2022 and we're giving ten lucky members the chance to have a free bet on the treble which pays over 1000/1.
Find out how to get involved in the post below;
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!