THE Premier League makes its long-awaited return on Saturday but there are just four matches on the opening day.
Punters will be able to watch them all live but I'm a little old-fashioned and would prefer matches to kick off at the same time. It's better for betting purposes and especially if you're looking for cash-out possibilities.
First up we have Fulham vs Arsenal at 12.30pm then the only 3pm kick-off at Crystal Palace vs Southampton.
After that I'm looking forward to Liverpool vs Leeds at 5.30pm and it will be interesting to see how well the champions start against the promoted men.
And finally it's West Ham vs Newcastle and if you manage to watch all four you'll deserve a medal.
The English lower leagues return and as always they'll be tough to call in the early days.
In Scotland there are six Premiership games including Rangers vs Dundee United and Ross County vs Celtic.
St Mirren vs Hibs goes ahead despite all three of the home side's keepers, Jak Alnwick, Dean Lyness and Peter Urminksy, testing positive and being unavailable. The Buddies are trying to sign a keeper on an emergency loan.
And on the Continent we have matches in the likes of Spain, France, Belgium and Holland as well as German Cup ties.
We have the usual tips on the site from the likes of SlipsTips, Mark Walker, Damian Walker, Kevin Mac – and Desmond returns after a break of almost five months.
Check out your favourite tipster by following the links below.
- Mark Walker fancies Aberdeen and picks out his top Scottish singles from the Premiership.
- Kevin Mac takes Rangers to break a clean-sheet record as they Dundee United.
- Desmond's eyeing up a 100-1 full house as he returns with his goals bets.
- Damian Walker has three more first-scorer tips from the Scottish Premiership.
- SlipsTips has picked out bets from England, Scotland and Sweden
We also have a selection of match previews to look at.
- Scott Allot has three singles from Liverpool vs Leeds.
- SlipTips has lined up two Super Singles from Fulham vs Arsenal.
- Kevin Mac reckons VAR could intervene in Sunday's clash between West Brom vs Leicester.
- SlipTips has an 11-2 single from Sunday's match between Tottenham vs Everton.
So plenty to look at but the advice is to play for low stakes this weekend. No fans will affect some results and of course the toughest time to predict matches is at the start of the season.
I've picked out a double and treble and will add at least one goals bet.
Well done to any winners on Friday and good luck with your bets on Saturday.
Premier League Treble
- Arsenal (12.30pm)
- Southampton draw no bet (3pm)
- Liverpool -1 (5.30pm)
- (19-5, Betfred)
- Blackburn not to lose
- (3-1, bet365)
Both to Score Treble
- Bournemouth vs Blackburn
- Preston vs Swansea
- QPR vs Nottm Forest
- (11-2, bet365)