Last week's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg was a bit of a damp squib after Liverpool failed to capitalise on their one-man advantage over Arsenal.
The 0-0 draw has however, set us up nicely for a winner-takes-all tie at the Emirates tonight. Chelsea lie in wait for the victors with the final scheduled for 24h February at Wembley.
Both squads are still without players who are at the African Cup of Nations and on Sunday Arsenal forced the postponement of the North London Derby due to being unable to field a team so who knows what kind of state they'll be in this evening.
That uncertainty has contributed to Jurgen Klopp's side being installed as 4/7 favourites to qualify. The Reds are 21/20 to get the job done inside 90 minutes.
With neither side at full strength it's always difficult to make a call on these games but Liverpool look the most likely to progress. They've a strong record in this fixture and have only lost one of the last 10 meetings between the sides. With greater uncertainty over the Gunners starting XI the 21/20 on Liverpool to win looks worth taking on.
In Scotland the Scottish Cup 4th round kicks-off at Easter Road where League 1 leaders Cove Rangers are the visitors. Had the match been at Cove's Balmoral Stadium then this could've been a very tasty tie but home advantage should see Shaun Maloney's side prevail.
The former Belgium assistant coach looks like he could be building something in Leith and will see an extended cup run as a key target for his debut season.
Opponents Cove, managed by former Hibee Paul Hartley, are in tremendous form having won nine on the bounce so will travel down to Edinburgh with belief that they can cause an upset but the bookies have all but written them off, pricing them up a 14/1.
Instead have a look a Over 2 Cove Rangers corners at 1/1 (Bet365).
- Liverpool to win 21/20 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Thursday's Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 10/1 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Thu 16:00 Ivory Coast v Algeria
- Thu 19:45 Hibernian v Cove Rangers
- Fri 19:30 Eintracht Frankfurt v Arminia Bielefeld
- Fri 20:00 Watford v Norwich City
- Fri 20:00 Espanyol v Real Betis
- Sat 12:30 Auchinleck Talbot v Hearts
- Sat 12:30 Everton v Aston Villa
- Sat 15:00 Clydebank v Annan Athletic
- Sat 17:30 Southampton v Man City
- Sat 17:30 Alloa Athletic v Celtic
After a couple of weeks on the sunshine island of Hawaii the PGA Tour is back in the States this week whilst there's a strong field in Abu Dhabi and The Caddy has picked out his customary three men to follow a each event this weekend.
- Golf Tips: The American Express Preview & Predictions
- Golf Tips: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship Preview & Predictions
Today's Racing Tips
Thursday's racing doesn't look too great, so Rizzel has only picked out the one selection from Wincanton.
- Racing Tips: Believe in Destinee at Wincanton
As always, let us know your tips and predictions for today in the comments section below and good luck with all your bets!