NOT many would've been on the Porto / Dortmund Double on Wednesday but both upset the odds to take first leg advantages in their Champions League ties.
Throw in a 1-1 draw for table-toppers Atletico and another defeat for Brentford who lost more ground to Norwich at the top of the Championship and it made for tough old night for punters.
Well done if you managed to find a winning line, there were a few in the comments section so hats off to those who profited.
Things don't look much easier tonight but we'll give it a go…
Thursday's Football Tips
It's a measure of how tough things look for punters on Thursday that not one of the 16 ‘home' sides are odds-on in any of the Europa League ties tonight. Of course Molde, Real Sociedad, Benfica and Wolfsberger have had their home ties shifted to neutral venues due to current international travel restrictions, and none of them are favourites to win their respective first leg ties.
Arsenal could be the biggest beneficiaries of the venue change. Their tie agianst Benfica will now take place in Rome rather than Estádio da Luz. The Gunners are 5/4 favourites and if they can replicate their first half performance against Leeds that could be good value.
When the draw was made Real Sociedad looked a really tricky proposition for Manchester United but they've slipped down the table in La Liga since then, while United have established themselves as credible challengers for the silver medal in the Premier League. The Red Devils' away form has been excellent this season and again the fact that the game will be played in neutral Turin plays in to their hands at 6/5.
Rangers are another British side who are favourites away from home. Hosts Royal Antwerp lost both matches against Spurs in the group stages but won their other four. Rangers were very impressive in qualifying for this stage and have put in some solid performance on the road under Steven Gerrard so plenty of Gers fans will be on at 10/11.
We've got seven matches previewed for Europe League matches so make sure you check out our predictions;
- 5.55pm – Wolfsberger v Spurs Prediction & Betting Tips
- 6.00pm – Real Sociedad vs Manchester United Prediction and Betting Tips
- 6.00pm – Slavia Prague vs Leicester City Prediction and Betting Tips
- 8.00pm – Royal Antwerp v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips
- 8.00pm – Benfica v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips
- 8.00pm – Lille v Ajax Prediction & Betting Tips
- 8.00pm – Red Bull Salzburg v Villarreal Prediction & Betting Tips
- Fri 7.45pm – Watford v Derby County Prediction & Betting Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Wolves v Leeds Utd Prediction & Betting Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Brest v Lyon Prediction & Betting Tips
- Fri 8.00pm – Real Betis v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips
- VIP Tips: Banker Bet, Bonkers Bet & VIP Acca
“Once again we only have one golf tournament this week but what an exciting event it should be!” – The Caddy is looking forward to a star-studded event at the Genesis Invitational in California this weekend. Don't miss his tips for the weekend ahead.
Thursday's Horse Racing Tips
Alan Thomson has a trio of bets on Thursday form Chelmsford, Fontwell and Sandown
As well as leaving your betting tips and thoughts in the comments section, we would appreciate it if you could share this post on Twitter and Facebook using the buttons below.