IT WAS great to get another win under our belt for the season last week and the 18.53pt return keeps us well in profit.
Here we go again with this week's goals bets.
Dunfermline v St Mirren – Over 2.5 Goals
This pick is straight out of the form book. The Pars and the Buddies are perhaps the surprise top two the Scottish Championship after five matches, they're also the two top scorers with 15 and 14 goals respectively.
First, some stats…
- Both sides have scored in their opening five matches
- Both have scored two or more in four of their games
- All of St Mirren's matches have seen over 2.5 goals (four have been over 3.5). Four of Dunfermline's have too.
- Four of each club's matches have seen both teams score
- They've each kept just one clean sheet
There just has to be goals at East End Park. Start Saturday's Trixie with over 2.5 goals.
Grimsby v Yeovil – Over 2.5 Goals
At first glance this match doesn't look like it'll be a classic. 15th v 17th in League Two seldom is. But I'm hoping both teams' trends of scoring and conceding continues.
Yeovil fans have seen more goals than any other – a total of 30, while Grimsby followers have seen 24 (each in seven games). Although neither get near the top of the Shots On Target table they've a decent conversion rate. Grimsby score with almost every second shot on target (10 from 21), whilst for Yeovil it's 12 from 26.
Another glut of goals would do nicely. Back over 2.5 goals.
Chelsea to score 2+
Chelsea appear to have recovered from their opening day shocker when they lost 3-2 at home to Burnley. Since then they've won four on the bounce including a six-goal win in the Champions League in midweek.
Arsenal on the other hand have failed to impress and the lack of transfer activity at the end of window was almost greeted by an air of resignation by Gunners fans. They won't fancy their trip to Stamford Bridge much, a ground they've not won at since 2011.
Arsenal looked really poor at Anfield a couple of weeks ago, losing 4-0 and I think they'll struggle against the top sides this season, especially away from home. Chelsea to win looks backable at 4/5 but I'll be on the Blues to score two or more at 67/100.
- Dunfermline v St Mirren – Over 2.5 Goals 18/25
- Grimsby v Yeovil – Over 2.5 Goals 119/100
- Chelsea to score 2+ 67/100
- Best Odds: Back all three in a trixie (3 x doubles, 1 x treble) 4 pts returns 16.59pts at Marathonbet