Safer Gambling Week draws to a close today but that doesn't mean there isn't always support available for everyone to gamble responsibly.
The campaign is a welcome addition to a range of awareness campaigns that run within the industry and centres around some key messages that help gamblers identify if they should seek further help and advice;
- Gambling is not the answer to any problem
- Gambling when angry is not a good idea
- Only spend what you can afford
- Set your limits for time and money
- Gambling shouldn't interfere with your personal relationships
Watch the video below to find more about Safer Gambling Week
Online bookmakers now provide many tools to help you stay in control when betting on the internet, such as setting deposit limits, setting notifications to manage your time, taking time-outs from your account, self-exclusion and access to detailed records of your betting history. Ask your bookmaker where to find these tools to help you gamble more safely.