FIRST I need to congratulate Greg for shaming Sky Bet into paying out on the Turkmenistan goals bets.
For me it was a poor decision not to settle the bets as winners as the lines were already before a game was abandoned.
By their rules they could void bets but morally they had to pay out and they finally did after Greg piled on the pressure on social media.
I know how difficult it is to get bookies to reverse decisions and how much work you have to do sometimes to win the battle so he did well.
So far I've not had any complaints about the way bookies have settled bets after the Scottish Premiership was called on Monday.
League sponsors Ladbrokes look to have treated punters well and they sent me a statement on Tuesday.
They said: “Following the SPFL decision to officially conclude the Ladbrokes Premiership 2019-20 seaso, we have settled ante post bets in line with our rules and have paid out on Celtic as champions, Hearts being relegated and Odsonne Eduoard being top goalscorer.
The settlement and ex-gratia payments on the Scottish Premiership is as follows:
- Outright – Pay out Celtic as winners, void bets on Rangers
- Handicap Market – Void all bets
- Betting without Celtic – Pay out Rangers as winners, void bets on Motherwell & Aberdeen
- Betting without Celtic & Rangers – Pay out Motherwell as winners, void bets on all other teams
- To Finish Bottom – Pay out Hearts as winner, void bets on all other teams
- Top Goalscorer – Pay out Odsonne Edouard as the winner
- Each-way Top Goalscorer bets – For players in the places void the win part and pay the place. All other selections void
So that's fair play from Ladbrokes and I hope other bookies have gone in line with the sponsors – let's hear from anyone who isn't happy.
Well done to any winners on Tuesday and on Wednesday there is one big game in Belarus – Dinamo Brest vs BATE. However, a word of warning here.
The teams meet again on Sunday in the Belarus Cup Final so there's a possibility of some changes. Team news is key but its not easy to find so let's see if Greg has any thoughts on this one. I'd back both to score if the sides go close to full strength.
Elsewhere there are two games in Estonia with Narva expected to win at Tallina Kalev while champions Flora Tallina should beat Tammeka at home.