I POSTED last week a preview of the week ahead and on the whole the return to competitive football this week has been pretty good to punters with the UCL, Europa League qualifiers and friendlies delivering plenty of winners.
The only disappointment was the Betfred Cup with Mr F rightly pointing out to keep stakes sensible this early in the competition.
I've had a good look through this week's card and it's another busy week:
- A couple of games from the Nordic leagues but other than that not much standing out – likely to be a no bet day.
- My focus will be on 11 matches in the Scottish Betfred Cup – Dundee United away to Stenhousemuir and St Johnstone at Montrose the games I've picked out so far.
- There are 42 friendlies from the continent and 42 matches involving the English lower league and non-league sides. Some of these will be laden with goals.
- There are also 9 games from the European qualifiers.
- Ten UCL qualifiers including Celtic's second leg against Sarajevo which should be a comfortable home win for Neil Lennon's side.
- We have another 5 games from the Betfred Cup and a whole host of friendly matches.
- Thursdays in July are all about the Europa League qualifiers and they were great to punters last week. Second-leg ties may be a bit trickier with some clubs all but through after big first-leg wins. Still plenty of opportunities though.
- Rangers host St Joseph's and after a 4-0 win away in Gibraltar you have to fancy Steven Gerrard's side to dish out a hammering, Finding value will be hard but Rangers over 4.5 goals should land. It's 10-11 but certainly won't be come kick-off. Rangers -3 also appeals at 5-6.
- Dundee United host Cowdenbeath and Motherwell welcome Morton in the Betfred Cup.
- Another round of Betfred Cup matches with Hibs at home to Alloa the pick of the bunch in terms of goals.
- One hundred plus friendlies as the pre-season steps up a notch.
- Norway Division One.
There are of course loads of other matches from across the world but these are the ones I'll be focusing on