Ivan Toney’s return for Brentford has grabbed a few headlines and the England striker is 5/4 to mark his return with a goal today.
The 27-year-old served an eight-month ban for betting offences but reports are he’s been keeping himself in good shape and bagged a hat-trick for the Bees’ B side at Southampton earlier in the month.
Toney’s reappearance might be the shot in the arm that Thomas Frank’s side needs to get them out of a run of seven without a win (L6 D1) in all competitions.
Victory over Nottingham Forest would see them leapfrog their opponents and move away from the danger of the drop zone.
Forest come in to the game in good form under Nuno Espirito Santos. Wins over Newcastle and Manchester United were followed by booking a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup, although it took two attempts and extra-time against Blackpool.
It’s a big ask to win three games in a row in the Premier League and Forest don’t have a great away record so a Toney-inspired Brentford can land the spoils at 4/5. With their top scorer back on board two or more Bees goals also appeals at the same price.
In the lunch-time kick-off Crystal Palace make the short trip to North London to take on Arsenal.
Manager Roy Hodgson came in for some criticism following Palace’s FA Cup exit at Everton and it’s hard to see things getting any easier for the veteran today.
The Gunners are long overdue a win and after a bit of a break should be raring to go. They’re 11/10 to score in each half today.
The weather has already affected fixtures in the Football League and in Scotland so check the fixture list before placing your bets today.
There’s no doubt that Coventry City are the form team in the Championship. Mark Robins’ men are nine without defeat (W6 D3) including a fine 3-1 win over league leaders Leicester City last time out.
They’ve a double bill against Sheffield Wednesday coming up, facing them today then next week in the FA Cup fourth round, both at Hillsborough. The in-form Sky Blues look well priced at 13/10.
The sorry state of affairs at Reading is having a major impact on the pitch. Last week’s match was abandoned thanks to a fan protest, the first team have been forced to re-jig training in order to avoid the costs of undersoil heating and it’s reported that Charlie Savage can’t play another match otherwise he’ll trigger a £2,000-a-month pay rise.
Amid so much turmoil it could be worth backing against the Royals who are at Wigan today. The Latics have had their own problems this season. But for an eight-point deduction they’d be 10th in the table – 11 places higher than Reading – and can avenge a defeat to today’s opponents just before Christmas.
Stevenage have scored in each of their last 12 league games and while they’re not prolific in front of goal they’ve a good record at home where they’ve only lost one of 12. They host Barnsley today and the Tykes have scored two or more in eight of their 12 away matches so this one looks primed for goals with Over 2.5 at 19/20.
92% of Notts County’s home matches have seen Over 2.5 goals and after we saw them share 10 goals with Grimsby last week it makes sense to go for goals when they host Stockport today.
They’re both the top scorers in League Two and when they met just before Christmas the game ended 2-1 to league leaders Stockport. Over 2.5 today pays 3/5.
A pitch inspection is planned ahead of Rangers’ visit to Dumbarton and should it go ahead the Gers should comfortably book their place in the last 16. It’s hard to find much value when they’re 1/16 to win but the BetBuilder which includes Dumbarton not to score (Under 1 goal) and Rangers to score more than two pays 21/20.
St Mirren, Motherwell, Hearts and Hibs all play teams at least two divisions below them and four wins for the Premiership sides pays 6/4.
Airdireonians could provide a tricky afternoon for St Johnstone. The Saints haven’t made it past the fourth round since they lifted the trophy in 2021 and if there’s to be an upset anywhere it could be in North Lanarkshire at 11/4.
Goals should be guaranteed at Ross County where Partick Thistle will be aiming to lay some ghosts of their disastrous play-off collapse of last season. Over 2.5 pays 8/11.
Over 2.5 Goal Treble
- Stevenage v Barnsley
- Notts County v Stockport
- Ross County v Partick Thistle
- Treble pays 9/2 at Bet365
Scottish Cup 4-Fold
- St Mirren, Motherwell, Hearts and Hibs pays 6/4 at Bet365
- Ivan Toney to score first
- Airdieonians to win
- Arsenal to score 3+
- 3 x Doubles & 1 x Treble (Treble pays 39/1)
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Weekend Football: Thrills and Strategies Across Europe's Lesser-Known Leagues
- Scottish Tips: Best Bets at Morton, Airdrie and Patrick Thistle
- Goals Tips: BTTS, To Score 2+, Over 2.5 Goals and 90/1 Acca Tips
- SlipsTips Tips: Scottish Cup Double
- EFL Tips: Notts County vs Stockport, Plymouth vs Cardiff, and Barrow vs Crewe
- Football Bet of the Day: Head to The Kassam For Goals on Saturday
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 11/2 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Sat 12:15 The Spartans vs Heart of Midlothian
- Sat 12:30 Arsenal vs Crystal Palace
- Sat 12:30 Swansea City vs Southampton
- Sat 17:30 Brentford vs Nottingham Forest
- Sat 17:30 Dumbarton vs Rangers
- Sat 17:30 RB Leipzig vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Sat 19:45 Udinese vs AC Milan
- Sun 12:00 Leeds United vs Preston North End
- Sun 14:00 Sheffield United vs West Ham United
- Sun 15:15 Real Madrid vs Almeria
- Sun 16:00 Celtic vs Buckie Thistle
- Sun 16:30 Bournemouth vs Liverpool
- Sun 17:30 Real Betis vs Barcelona
- Sun 20:00 South Africa vs Namibia
- Mon 20:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolves
Rizzel had a 10/3 priced winner on Friday and he's back with four slections for Saturday at Lingfield
As always, post your betting tips for today in the comments section below.