Last night’s four FA Cup matches failed to really catch fire and there’s little to get excited about in today’s ties.
Teams at 1/2, 2/5 and 1/10 don’t offer much value for punters so the matches look best avoided until this evening when Fulham host Newcastle live on ITV4.
The Cottagers were edged out of the EFL Cup at the semi-final stage by Liverpool in midweek but can bounce back against the Magpies who have suffered more than their fair share of travel sickness this term.
Eddie Howe’s men have just five points to show for their 10 road trips in the Premier League. They’re only five points better off than Fulham in the table and on paper don’t deserve to be 5/4 favourites to win at Craven Cottage. That means a bit of value can be found in the 2/1 to win and in the 11/10 Draw No Bet market should it go to a replay.
In League 1, Blackpool look a good thing at 7/10 against poor travellers Charlton. The Addicks have won just one of 13 on the road and are winless in almost two months. Contrast that with the Seasiders who’s 10 wins at home is a league high.
Wigan are another side who’ve performed well at home. They’ve suffered an eight point deduction but Shaun Maloney has them mid table and looking up. Stevenage will provide a stern test but the Latics are unbeaten in five in the league (W3 D2) and could be worth a punt at 11/5.
Without wishing to sound like a broken record, we’ll be on Celtic corners again today. We’ve cashed in as the Hoops have racked up an average of 10.32 per game in the Premiership.
First half corners at home are averaging 5.82 and they should see plenty of action in the final third against struggling Ross County today.
Five or more in the first 45 pays 4/5, six or more pays 6/4 and seven or more is 11/4.
Steven Naismith’s Hearts incurred the wrath of home fans at half-time against Dundee in midweek but they turned things around in the second half, coming from 2-down to win 3-2.
That sets them up nicely for today’s visit of Aberdeen who still look unconvincing under Barry Robson. They were fortunate to leave Perth with a point in midweek and defeat today at Tynecastle will pile pressure back on the Dons gaffer.
Aberdeen haven’t won in Gorgie since 2017 so the Jambos at 11/10 are the pick in this one.
Also in the Scottish top flight there’ll be plenty of support for Kilmarnock at 19/20 against an unreliable Hibernian. Derek McInnes has things motoring at Killie, especially at Rugby Park where they’ve won more home points (21 from 33 available) than anyone outside of Celtic and Rangers.
The Hibees were insipid in midweek against Rangers, scraped past Forfar in the Cup last week and had won just one win five prior to that.
Dundee could be a touch at Livingston who haven’t won in the league since early October, 13 games ago. They’ve scored just four goals in that time but they did record a potentially morale-boosting 2-1 win over Championship side Raith Rovers last weekend.
The Dark Blues have impressed under Tony Docherty this season. They’ve already won at the Toni Macaroni and can land the spoils again at 17/10.
In the Championship, Dundee Utd and Morton make up an even money double against Dunfermline and Arbroath respectively but out of sorts Raith Rovers are best avoided at 7/10 against Inverness.
Win £100 in Desmond's Competition
We all know Desmond loves a goals bet, this week h
e's offering up a £100 pize to one winner who can pick our a winning 2+ Goals Double. Click the link below to enter the competition
- Dundee Utd
- Treble pays 5/2 at Bet365
- Treble pays 18/1 at Bet365
The Tipsters' Tips
- Saturday’s Goals Accumulator Tips: Today’s 9/2 Both Teams to Score & Total Team Goals Acca
- Football Bet of the Day: Eastleigh to Continue to Entertain us on Saturday
- Scott Allot's Euro Tips: Ajax can clean up
- European BTTS Tips: Goals in Italy, Spain & France
- SlipsTips Tips: Airdrie vs Partick Thistle
- Scottish Tips: Best Bets at Edinburgh City, Hearts and Motherwell
- Weekend Football Predictions: Serie A, Eredivisie, and FA Cup
- 🎙 PODCAST: Gerry Taylor's Tips – Podcast Pick, 11/1 Draw Double and More (Ep 373)
- 🎙 PODCAST: Scottish Football Tips feat. Hearts v Dons, Livi v Dundee, Goals Double & More (Ep 372)
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Sat 12:30 Ipswich Town vs Maidstone United
- Sat 12:30 St Mirren vs Rangers
- Sat 15:00 Sheffield United vs Brighton and Hove Albion
- Sat 15:00 Celtic vs Ross County
- Sat 15:00 Leicester City vs Birmingham City
- Sat 15:00 Leeds United vs Plymouth Argyle
- Sat 17:30 Barcelona vs Villarreal
- Sat 19:00 Fulham vs Newcastle United
- Sat 20:00 Nigeria vs Cameroon
- Sat 20:00 Marseille vs Monaco
- Sun 11:45 West Brom vs Wolves
- Sun 14:30 Liverpool vs Norwich City
- Sun 16:30 Newport County vs Manchester United
- Mon 19:30 Blackburn Rovers vs Wrexham
As always, post your betting tips for today in the comments section below.