Happy New Year to everyone, what better way to start 2024 than with an iconic Premier League fixture?
Those of a certain vintage will remember only too well two classic 4-3 epics between Liverpool and Newcastle and whilst we might not see seven goals shared tonight it should be an entertaining encounter.
The Magpies will hope the new year brings a change fortunes, especially on the road. They’ve won just once away from home, an 8-0 thumping of bottom side Sheffield United so no surprise to see them as big as 11/2 away to the league leaders.
Arsenal’s defeat at Fulham means the Reds start the year at the top of the tree and a win today would take them three points clear of the chasing pack.
Klopp’s men have lost just once in 30 Premier League games (W19 D10 L1) and remain unbeaten at Anfield this term.
They look a solid bet at 9/20 and with the Magpies currently experience some serious travel sickness it could be comfortable win for the Red half of Merseyside.
It’s 6/5 that Liverpool score three or more and when you consider that in December Newcastle lost three at Everton and four at Spurs that could be worth a play.
- Liverpool to score Over 2.5 Goals 6/5 Bet365
Upcoming Match Previews & Tips
- Mon 12:30 Sunderland vs Preston North End
- Mon 15:00 Derby County vs Peterborough United
- Mon 17:15 Sheffield Wednesday vs Hull City
- Mon 20:00 Liverpool vs Newcastle United
- Tue 15:00 Rangers vs Kilmarnock
- Tue 17:00 St Mirren vs Celtic
- Tue 19:30 West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion
- Tue 20:00 AC Milan vs Cagliari
For New Years Day Rizzel has put up four selections from three different venues.
As always, post your betting tips for today in the comments section below.